Chapter Twelve

Dedicated to PringleLady

An hour and a half later...

We had just returned from the store with a pregnancy test and a different brand of condoms, hoping that these ones might be a little stronger. "Should we do it right now?" I asked Jimin anxiously, and he nodded. We stood in the bathroom together, next to the closet-like room that contained a toilet.

"It's best if we know as soon as possible, so we don't put our baby's life in danger or keep worrying." He gave me an encouraging smile, but I could tell he was a little uneasy. What were we so afraid of? We both wanted a baby, so we would be glad to have one, and if we weren't going to, that would also be a relief because it would be much easier for us with all of the rules and restrictions in our marriage. He hugged me tightly to his chest. "Whatever it is, we'll get through it together. I promise." We looked into each other's eyes with love and smiled through the uncertainty. He pecked my lips.

I went into the little room with the toilet and shut the door lightly. My hands shook as I pulled down my pants, so I stopped for a few seconds to gather my thoughts. Whatever it is, we'll get through it together. I recalled Jimin telling me.

As I finished, I took a deep breath and opened the door.

Jimin's POV-

The minute or so that (Y/N) was in there felt hours. I put my hand on the back of my neck nervously, feeling my heart beat quickly inside my chest. Finally, she opened the door, with a worried expression on her face.

"What is it, jagiya?" I asked nervously, putting a hand on her forearm lightly.

"I-I..." My heart started beating rapidly. She's pregnant, isn't she? I thought. "I haven't looked at it yet. It isn't finished."

"Oh." I smiled, trying to reassure her, even though I wasn't exactly calm myself. She bit her lip nervously, as if trying to conceal the distress that was clearly on her face.

"It takes three minutes." She said, fidgeting with her hair. She stopped biting her lip.

"Should I set a timer?" I asked, and she nodded. Anxiously, I entered three minutes into my phone. They felt like the longest of my life. (Y/N) stood there, wringing her hands, holding them together, and messing with her hair. It hurt to watch her like that, so I finally grabbed her hands and turned her to face me instead.

"(Y/N/N)," I said gently. "I know you want a baby, but if we aren't having one right now, it's okay. We have our whole lives ahead of us and plenty of opportunities to have children. Shoot, we aren't even legally adults ourselves, and if we do have a baby, don't stress about that either because our parents will have to accept it, even if we're young, and they can't take our child away. Whatever happens, just know that I love you and that it's all going to be okay. You're going to be a great mother, whether it's now or in five years or ten, and any way, I'm going to be so happy to spend my life with you. You already impress the hell out of me, and you don't have to be a mom to make me proud. You already do." I put a hand on her cheek and kissed her softly. "It's really going to be okay. I promise." She hugged me, laying her head on my chest, and I stroked her hair.

"I love you, Jimin," she said.

"I love you, too, (Y/N)." I put my chin on top of her head just as the timer began to beep. "I guess that's our cue," I said, pulling slightly away but holding her shoulders. "Are you going to be okay?"

"Yeah, I just... want to see the results." We went to the room with the toilet, and (Y/N) took the test tentatively from the top, not looking until it was in my line of vision, too.

At first, she just stared at it, her eyebrows lowering and the corners of her lips sliding back down. She kept staring at it as her eyebrows furrowed, and her eyes began to water. I looked the piece of plastic in her hands, then back at her, whose eyes could hardly hold back the flood of tears that threatened to rain upon her beautiful face. I felt a twinge of the same sorrow. Putting my arm around her shoulder, I pulled her into my chest.

 Putting my arm around her shoulder, I pulled her into my chest

❤️❤️❤️

Have you guys seen Jiminie's tattoo yet?!