Looking For Answers

After another day at school, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Virgo and Aquarius were sitting in the living room on the couches. Taurus was showing Gemini a video on his phone, Cancer was doing a crossword puzzle, and Virgo and Aquarius were doing their homework.

Then the door swung open and slammed shut, making them jump out out of their seats. Leo stormed into the house and into the living room, looking clearly disheveled.

"What's up?" Virgo asked.

"Well I've had the worst day of my life."

"Oh come on, I'm sure it wasn't that bad–"

"Oh no, it was," Leo interrupted Gemini.

"Elaborate," Aquarius said.

"Okay, okay. So it starts off this morning, right. So if waking up early isn't shitty enough, I find out that someone," He glared over at Gemini.
"Used all the hot water. And you know what, I didn't make a big deal about it cause, you know, there are eleven other people in this house and some people like to have long showers and drain all the hot water."
He took a deep breath. "But THEN!"

"Oh god..." Virgo muttered.

"I want Lucky Charms for breakfast. But do I get them? NO! Because Taurus is a greedy little shit–"

"You ate my chicken salad!" Taurus shot.

"SHH! Also I was really tired because I was up late cramming for my Physics test–"

"Wow, Leo, you studied?" Gemini teased.

"SHUT UP! Yes I studied cause I'm close to failing that class. Anyway, I get to class and I'm about to take my test when it turns out that I actually studied the wrong stuff."

"Aw that sucks," Cancer said.

"MHM. So I totally bombed that test. Later it's the end of the day and it's time to go home. I walk out to the parking lot and, oh wouldn't you know, MY FRIENDS DROVE HOME WITHOUT ME!"

"I knew we were forgetting something..." Gemini said.

"So I start walking home. All of a sudden these vicious dogs start chasing after me down the street and up a tree. You wanna know how long I waited in that tree for them to go away? AN HOUR! Finally they left and now here we are."

"Wow," Taurus and Aquarius said simultaneously.

"I'm gonna go to my room now and pretend this day didn't happen, and if anyone bugs me I swear I'm gonna burn this place to the ground!" Leo sauntered away, stomping up to his room.

"Well I think I've officially had enough Leo today," Cancer said, getting up and heading to her room.

•••

After finishing her homework, Virgo got up from the couch and headed for the kitchen to grab a snack.

"So we're doing it tonight?"

Virgo stopped in her tracks. She turned her head, staring over at the door at the end of the hallway. Carina's door. The voice had definitely not come from the sun room or the library or the pool room. No, it had come from her room. And she was sure it was Carina talking. Who was she talking to again? Slowly, Virgo made her way down the hall, hearing the voice get louder with each step she took.

"They won't even know what hit 'em," There was some snickering followed by some words from the person on the other end of the phone, though it was too muffled for Virgo to hear clearly.

She stepped closer, leaning in just a couple feet away from the door, ears open.

"Whatcha doing?"