Recon pt. 2

"Man, why do they get to go on a mission but not me?" Leo whined as he star-fished onto the floor of the training room.

"Because, Leo, your shoulder is hurt," Aquarius explained after taking a sip from her water bottle.

"Plus it's a recon mission," Virgo added from nearby. She was taking swings on a punching bag. "Centauri doesn't need all twelve of us."

Leo remained silent, apparently not liking their answers. On the other side of the large room, Scorpio and Taurus were sparring on a matt. Currently, Scorpio had one of Taurus' arms pinned behind his back. He had him face down and was tickling one of his ears.

"Ahhh, Scorpiooo! I have sensitive ears!" The seemingly tough bull cried submissively.

The scorpion snickered. "Then say it."

"Ugh, fine. You win."

"And?"

"And you're stronger than me and I suck."

"Good, glad we got that clear," Scorpio smirked triumphantly, loosening his hold. Taurus took the opportunity to flip himself around and tackle Scorpio.

Virgo and Aquarius watched them before simultaneously muttering: "Boys."

Leo was still laying on his back, his head turned toward the open door leading out into the hallway. "Oh look, there goes Ms Gallo."

When the girls didn't say anything, Leo rolled onto his side, peering further. "Why's she going into Centauri's office?"

"Who cares?" Aquarius offered.

"Yeah but he's in the middle of watching over the mission."

Virgo shrugged. "Sometimes she assists him with this sorta stuff."

"Still..." Leo hopped to his feet. "I think I'm going to do a little recon, myself."

"Leo-" Virgo started before the lion placed a finger to his lip and motioned for them to follow. She looked to Aquarius.

"Eh, why not," The girl shrugged and went along.

Virgo decided it was just easier to join. Before leaving, she turned to Scorpio and Taurus and asked, "You coming?"

"Yeah, sure. Beats being pinched by Scorpio." Taurus said, earning a smack from the scorpion.

The five crept out into the hall, Leo taking the lead. The hall was short and narrow; connecting the training room, change rooms, and Centauri's office. For this reason, the five didn't worry about running into teachers and having them demand they go back to class. It didn't take long before they were a few feet away from Centauri's door. Ms Gallo stood just outside, peering in.

Centauri's 'office' wasn't so much an office as it was a control room. Elevated with a stairwell, it watched over the section of the training room where the zodiacs had their simulated programs. There he sat at his desk, watching over the zodiac's mission and ensuring nothing went wrong.

They looked to each other, as if asking whether or not they should get her attention. All of a sudden, Taurus let out a bellowing sneeze. Instantly their eyes widened as Ms Gallo spun around on command. Her eyes widened just the same, her face a mix of surprise and attention.