She's Gone

After getting ready, Pisces headed down for breakfast. In the kitchen Scorpio had been riffling through the fridge, Aries, Sagittarius, Libra and Taurus sitting at the counter looking like they were still half asleep. Then Aries flung some of his cereal at Taurus who then threw his orange peel at him.

Cancer walked in behind her, stopping instantly and rubbing her eyes. "Wait..."

"What?" Pisces asked.

"Something's off."

"What's off?" Taurus asked, wiping the cereal from his face, not noticing Aries silently place the orange peel on his head.

"Someone's missing."

"Well everyone else are still asleep or upstairs getting ready," Sagittarius said.

"No, no," Cancer waved her hands. She thought for a minute. Aries is up to his usual antics, and no one's complaining about it. Then she realized. "Wait, where's Virgo?"

"Virgo?" Capricorn walked in the room.

"Yeah, where is she? She's usually up by now," Libra noted.

"Wait, wait," Capricorn put his hand up. "You mean Virgo's not here?!"

Then the rest of the zodiac walked into the room. "What's for breakfast? I'm staving!" Leo announced.

Capricorn turned to Aquarius. "Is Virgo upstairs?"

"Um no, she wasn't in her room."

"Did she leave for school already?" Aries asked.

"That's not like her. Wait, now that you mention it, did anyone hear Virgo come home last night?" Scorpio asked.

"Virgo went out?" Gemini asked.

"Yeah, to the school," Capricorn said, turning back to the others. "Did no one hear her come home?"

"I don't know, Gemini, Taurus, Aries and I were having a video game marathon," Sagittarius said.

"And Libra and I were–"

Then Libra smacked Leo in the stomach. "Don't you dare."

"Actually now that I think about it, before I went upstairs to get ready for bed I asked Carina where Virgo was and she said Virgo had gotten home and was super tired so she went straight to bed. It was pretty late so I didn't bother checking in on her," Pisces said.

"Why didn't you say that sooner?!" Capricorn shouted.

Pisces jumped, covering her face. She hated it when people raised their voice at her. Scorpio glared over at Capricorn but he didn't notice.

"But Virgo's not here... so Carina lied about her getting home?" Sagittarius said, looking to the others for answers.

"That means Virgo's been gone all night!" Aquarius said with worry.

"Why would Carina lie about that?" Gemini asked.

Libra looked up, her stomach feeling uneasy as she remembered what her friend had told her the night before.

"Guys, Virgo didn't trust Carina and thought she was weird and I didn't believe her! And now she's gone!" Her voice cracked at the last part, her eyes becoming watery. Leo pulled her into a hug.