A Year Later

"Can you grab the diaper bag", Danny asked as he picked Delilah up from her crib. 

"Yeah, make sure she has both socks on", I yelled from the living room. 

Just as I shoved the last pull-up into the diaper bag, my phone rang. Conor. I rolled my eyes and answered what was bound to be an aggravating call. 

"Yes?", I rudely asked.

"Where are you? The service starts in an hour and I wanna make sure she's dressed.", he sounded stressed. 

"On our way", I said quickly hanging up the phone before he could say anything else. 

"Why does he need us to be there?", Danny asked from the other room.

"Because he wants Delilah as the flower girl", I reminded him for the 6th time this week.

"And we have to go because?", he continued to question. 

"Cause I'm not really in a 'leave my daughter with that slut' kind of mood", I sighed. 

I grabbed the diaper bag and headed out the door to warm up the car. I unlocked the doors and threw the bag into the backseat. My phone vibrated with another 'hurry up' text. I threw it into the console and waited for Danny to finish buckling Delilah up in her new car seat. I swear she's growing so fast. Before long we were at the wedding hall. 

"We're here", I shouted in the direction of where I assumed Conor would be.

"Finally, give me her! I need to get her to where the other flower girls are", he quickly spat, taking her from my arms.

I quietly mumbled a few choice words under my breath, causing Danny to laugh. 

"Something funny? Last time I checked YOU weren't invited", Conor huffed.

"Dude chill, its not lady like to fight on your wedding day", Danny joked.

"HE has no right to be here", Conor argued clearly jealous.

"Why does it matter to you?", I asked.

"It's not fair to show of your new man when your ex is around", he whined.

"Bro, we are literally at YOUR wedding, with the girl YOU got pregnant 3 weeks after you guys broke up", Danny said, confused at why it mattered. 

"He has a valid point", I added.

"You guys are just jealous", Conor mumbled and whisked our daughter off.

I just rolled my eyes, leading Danny to a seat as far away from the bride as possible. The decor was trashy, there were way too many large bouquets of flowers that didn't belong together. 'Who chooses purple and pink as their wedding colors? 5 year old's do.'  Taylor thought to herself.

"You ok", Danny asked.

"Yeah just silently judging how 'princess-y' everything looks", I laughed.

"How long is this gonna take?", Danny mocked.

"Hopefully not long, we should go eat after this. Something tells me the food here is gonna suck", I whispered to him.

"Luckily for you..", he said as he pulled a baggy of cheese-itz from his jacket pocket. 

"I hate you", I giggled as I took a few from the bag.

"Yeah you say that now, wait till your stomach starts growling during their vows", he shrugged.

"Point taken. How much you wanna bet she's gonna describe this fabulous story about how they met?", I added. 

"Oh yeah..", he rolled his eyes. 

As if I could tell the future, she took 30 minutes to describe the glorious moment in time when they first met. Little did they all know, she was a one night stand. It's his problem now! 

The ceremony finally ended, I walked up to the group taking photos. Delilah was standing in front of her, she had her hand clamped on my daughters shoulder. I tried to be polite and not start anything. I silently pushed my way through the crowd, as I walked up to Conor and his new wife they were talking. 

"She can come visit whenever she wants", he was telling his bride.

"It'd be better if you just filed for sole custody, then we wouldn't have to do all this back and forth stuff", she suggested. 

"Very funny, I don't think so", I spat as I grabbed my daughters hand.

"Oh its you", she rolled her eyes.

"I'm not letting you take my daughter away", I argued.

"We're not saying that", Conor replied.

"Oh so you're taking her side?", the bride flipped her hair and pouted.

"No, and frankly you have no right to comment on what we do about OUR child", I snapped. 

I picked Delilah up and shook my head, "Wait she's supposed to come with me tonight", Conor shouted.

"Worry about your own child, take it up with the court. This is my daughter, you don't get a say in where she goes until you pay child support", I flipped them both off and walked back to the car.

"Burritos?", Danny asked.

"Sounds great", I said as I snapped the last strap on Delilah's car seat into place. 

*AUTHOR'S NOTE*

SORRY FOR BEING INACTIVE GUYS, I WILL BE POSTING A NEW CHAPTER HOPEFULLY EVERY OTHER WEEK IF NOT EVERY WEEK. LET'S TRY AND GET THIS STORY OUT THERE!!!