二十八

"i'm fine bitch i swear", jaemin swatted away jeno's hand as the latter tried to force some soup down the other boy's throat. he wasn't succeeding in doing so, obviously.

it was a week after jaemin was released from the hospital and jeno frequently visited him after school, trying to make up for all the shit that happened through the years. jaemin appreciated seeing the effort his ex best friend made, although he still couldn't help but feel a little bit anxious and sad around jeno. it was normal though, he thought.

"you need to eat", jeno grumbled moodily, trying to shove the spoon into jaemin's mouth."jaemin open your fucking mouth!"

"i'm going to throw up on you and you're going to regret all of this" he huffed out like a little child. jeno sighed before putting the bowl and spoon down on the night drawer and sat down next to jaemin.

"sorry,i just don't want you to get sick."

"i'm already fucked in the head, it doesn't really matter anymore" jaemin shrugged, fiddling his phone between his fingers.

"stop saying that."

"it's true, though" jaemin shrugged.

"when is your next appointment with your doctor?" jeno asked, glancing at the clock on the wall and started to pack his stuff,deciding to go home for the night.

"thursday" jaemin yawned."do you think i should try to talk to gunseok?"

"maybe" jeno zipped up his bag and got up from his spot next to jaemin."he at least deserves an explanation. feel free to put all the blame on me, it was my fault anyway. see you later?" jeno asked with his hand on the doorknob.

"see you later."

***

{KAKAOTALK}

baemin
gunhuang

baemin
hey, gunseok. can we talk?

gunhuang
i don't see any reason why i should do that but i'm going to anyway because i'm curious. shoot.

baemin
i know this is probably not the most appropriate time for this

baemin
but i just wanted to apologize for being a jerk. i have no excuses really, i was being stupid and thinking back i don't even know why i did what i did. i really am sorry.

gunhuang
so it took you a total of 3 weeks to realize that and apologize to me

baemin
i was... away

baemin
doesn't matter.

baemin
i understand if you don't want to accept my apolgize, i really do. you are a great guy and you totally didn't deserve this. i'm sorry again.

gunhuang
are you willing to give it a shot?

gunhuang
if i asked you on another date

gunhuang
would you, sincerely, say yes?

baemin
i wouldn't.

baemin
and not because i don't like you or anything

baemin
i'm just not in the best place to be dating someone. i hope you understand.

gunhuang
i do

gunhuang
thanks for telling me, jaemin:)

gunhuang
well... guess I'll talk to you later

baemin
wait

baemin
can i ask you something?

gunhuang
ya sure

baemin
who's that boy in the picture?

gunhuang
one of renjun's friends that was willing to make out with me while being sober. didn't really mean anything, i just like how the picture looks on my feed.

baemin
so...no feelings involved?

gunhuang
a secret for me to know and for you to never find out.