Chapter 11 Despair

Chapter 11// Despair | Word Count: 2172 | I do not own the rights to any of the characters or artworks. | Warnings: Angst

The whole class of 1-A besides Midoriya and Ochako was called into class for an emergency meeting due to Ochako being attacked and left in an alleyway. All Might and Aizawa informed the class that there was a traitor amongst the hospital staffing. 

"How do we know that these two events are related?" Kaminari raised his hand to ask. All of the students were shook to the core. First, they have to watch helplessly as Deku gets his hand cut off, and now, another one of their classmates was injured. 

"Ochako was seen at the hospital visiting Midoriya. The last eye witness account states she walked in the opposite direction that everyone else was going in because she claimed that she needed to run a few errands after visiting Midoriya. However, on the way back to his apartment, Iida found Ochako unresponsive in an alleyway miles away from the hospital in the wrong direction. There is no possible way she was able to make it to that alleyway without going supersonic speeds. Therefore, the Ochako that went to the hospital was not the real Ochako. We suspect Toga is behind this." Aizawa stated. 

Bakugou sat in his seat with his arms crossed over his chest. He felt uneasy about the whole situation. He felt even more uneasy that Deku was left in the hospital without him there to protect him. 

"Deku did mention that round face was acting weird when she visited." Bakugou said while staring down at his desk. It felt foreign to be inside school again. He had been suspended for quite sometime now. 

"Okay, that solidifies our suspicions. The only way for the league of villains to find out about Deku's condition is through the hospital staffing since they were the ones who alerted us about him waking up as well, but this doesn't limit our options at all. There are potentially hundreds of employees that work there." 

"The only two staff that seemed to know that Deku was awake was his four-eyed doctor and a pink-haired nurse unless they told other employees." Bakugou wasn't one to offer up this much information, but he'd do anything to help protect Deku. 

"Well, Ochako was sent to a different hospital for damage control, but now, we have to rescue Midoriya. I want everyone to suit up and be ready to infiltrate the hospital in 15 minutes." Aizawa commanded. Students arose from their seats and began making their way into the locker rooms to get changed into their hero suits. 

They didn't know it, but 15 minutes was going to be life or death for Deku. 

Midoriya was laying in his hospital bed as he stared out into the night sky. It was a beautiful night. There were no clouds in sight and a beautiful full moon was out. The green-haired male began to feel his eyelids become heavy. He slept a lot now days because of his extensive injuries. He was on bed rest, but he still felt so tired all of the time. 

A knock on his door interrupted his thoughtful gaze. He perked up and looked at the door, wondering who that could be. "Come in!" He said loud enough for the person on the other side to hear. 

The doctor who had been in charge of taking care of Midoriya walked in. He smiled as he made eye contact with the young hero. "Sorry to bother you, but I have some antibiotics that I need to give you." He said as he let the door shut behind him. 

At this point, Deku was use to taking all of the different medications. "You're fine, doctor. I'm just glad you were able to reattach my hand." Midoriya said with his signature smile. 

The doctor quietly hummed a familiar tune as he unhooked Deku's IV so he could push the liquid medicine intravenously. Once all the medicine had entered Deku's bloodstream, he sighed and patted Deku's head. "Get some rest. Sweet dreams." The doctor said before exiting the room.