Part 14: Ellie

Ellie was miserable. Miserable miserable miserable. Without Lottie, she was lost. And now Jamie was gone too. Her best friends had abandoned her? No. She knew they never would. Jamie must have gone to protect Lottie. For some reason, she didn't feel betrayed. She knew why. It was to protect Lottie. And Ellie loved Lottie with every fibre of her being.

"Ellie, pay attention!" Dame Bolter's booming voice drew Ellie out of her sad daze.

"Ellie," Anastacia sighed, "it's going to be ok."

"Oh really?" Ellie said, "OH REALLY?"
She was shouting now.

"MY TWO BEST FRIENDS ARE MISSING," She fumed, "AND YOUR TELLING ME," She used her hands to make quotation marks, "IT'S GOING TO BE OK?"

"ELLIE CALM DOWN!" Dame Bolter shouted.

"NO!" Ellie screened manically, "I WILL NOT CALM DOWN!"

Dame Bolter and the other fencing team members crowded around her, trying their best to calm her down. Why couldn't she be like Lottie and Jamie? Keep these feelings to herself.

"I'm sorry." Ellie muttered sheepishly.

"It's ok, Ellie," Dame Bolter said, "we know what you are going through."

Ellie got up and picked up her bag.

"I have to go." She murmured, quickly jogging to the door and pulling it open.