Chapter 32

As a punishment, all three teenagers had to repaint a room in the palace.

"This is so boring!" Ellie said, slapping paint carelessly in the walls.

"You shouldn't be doing this, anyway!" Lottie said, carefully doing beautifully neat streaks on the walls.

"I agree. It's our fault." Jamie said matter-of-factly.

"Well." Ellie slapped some more eggshell coloured paint on the wall, "I'm staying."

The teenagers carried on painting the walls for the next hour. Eventually, Ellie chucked down her paintbrush and grabbed her phone. The other two completely ignored her and kept painting the walls. Suddenly, music started to blast out of Ellie's phone. Jamie and Lottie turned to her, surprised. Then, Lottie smiled. They all continued painting. Then, Ellie began to sing. Loudly.

"Ellie, if your parents hear you we are dead." Said Lottie, trying to sound serious, but it came out as more of a snort.

"So?"

"We, Ellie. WE," Lottie said, "this time me and Jamie haven't done anything wrong."

"So you wouldn't gettold off," Ellie said, as though this was obvious, "duh."

"I don't know. The king seems to..." She stopped, "really hate me now."

Then there was silence. Apart from the very, very loud music.

"Ellie!" Lottie shouted, "turn. It. Off!"

Ellie ignored her. And started dancing. Jamie gave a sigh of frustration, but Lottie smiled and did a small twirl. They started doing a weird jig thing and Ellie clumsily spun her, and They both fell down in fits of giggles. When they had recovered from their giggle fit, Lottie rushed over to Jamie and grabbed his hand. She dragged him over and he sighed again, rolling his eyes.

"Jamie go get your guitar!" Ellie shouted over the loud music.

"We already have loud music." Jamie said.

"BUT YOUR MUSIC IS BETTER!" both the girls shouted.

"Fine."