TWO

TWO
matches

"You only got invited because he wants you to sit on your face."

Gia could say she was back to her usual self. It had been exactly a month since she last saw Tony Stark, since her parent's death anniversary, and since her foster mother, Teresa lectured her about the pizza being 'mugged' according to the girl. Her hair had been styled, she hadn't been caught in her slump hoodie or leggings with the infamous holes.

"Hello, Miss. Gia." Mr. Dugdale grinned at his favorite student. She greeted him warmly. "How are you this morning?"

Before she could answer, Flash pulled the seat beside her. "Funny, Mr. Dugdale. I was just about to ask her that same question. Gia, looking good." The boy leaned closer. He was bumped into, allowing Gia to quickly turn away and dodge what Flash was going for. "Watch it, Parker." The boy sneered.

Peter looked at Gia then back at the boy and only gulped, nodding. Flash trudged away, mumbling underneath his breath. Peter Parker sat beside Gia, glancing at her again.

"S-sorry, it looked like you needed saving." He said to the gorgeous girl beside him.

Gia smiled, "I really did, Peter. Thank you." She turned back towards the front of the classroom, pulling out supplies.

She could feel Peter's eyes on her, Gia could feel anyone staring at her from yards away. It was one of her abilities, she quickly put Peter into the back of her mind and looked down at her notebook as Mr. Dugdale began their lesson. Suddenly, her phone rang, causing the class to look over at her.

"Mind if I step out, Mr. Dugdale? Could be one of my siblings." Gia asked quietly. He nodded, gesturing towards the door, and asking for the classes attention once again.

Gia sprinted out the classroom, almost knocking things over. She wasn't expecting Teresa or any of her foster siblings. She couldn't lie, she was waiting on Tony Stark's call. She answered every single call she received in hopes of it being him. Gia had time to think, she slowly warmed up to the idea of her joining the Avengers. She had always hated her abilities, they ruined her life, but Tony Stark made her realize she could help others with her abilities.

The curly headed girl answered the call, "Hello?" She said a little too excited.

"Please hold for Mr. Stark,"
"Here you go, Mr. Stark. I put her on 'hold' like you said to."
"You were suppose to mute it, Happy, now we just look stupid."
"I can do some hold music! She won't notice, Mr. Stark."
"Do-do-do-do-do-la-la-la —"
"Give me the phone!"
"Mm - Oh, Miss. Diaz, hello."

Gia held her breath and quickly released, "Hi Mr. Stark. Is everything alright?" She sounded different than the last time the two met.

"Yes. Everything's fine, kid, thanks for asking. Listen, Blaze, I need you at the Avengers tower at six O' clock. Can we make that happen? I'll send Happy to get you." Tony asked.

She smiled widely, "U-Um I have to get my brothers and sisters and cook them some dinner, I'd have to be home at a certain time —"

"Done and done! I'll send a car to pick them up and Happy would be glad to drop some Thai off for your stunning foster mother and her flock. I can even get Happy to convince Ms. Teresa to lift your curfew. See you at six o' clock." The call clicked.