SIX

SIX
babysitter

"Yes please, leave me with the little annoying rugrats, it'll be the highlight of my night, Gia."

Teresa was on a date. Cheyenne off at a slumber party with the neighbor's kid, Charlie was fast asleep with a cold, leaving MJ and Gia with Quincy and Olivia. MJ was watching a movie with the kids while Gia went to work on the Mac and cheese the children begged for.

"Hot dogs in it?" Gia asked them, she was instantly shushed by MJ. "Well, okay then." She mumbled, tossing in two hot dogs and letting them boil with the pasta. "MJ, come over here." She rolled her eyes as she walked towards the open window, climbing out and sitting on the fire escape.

"God, you're annoying, you know that right?" MJ lifted herself off of the couch and joined the girl outside. "What's up?" She muttered.

"I still didn't finish the story." Gia held her legs up to her chest.

MJ nodded, "Okay fine. You stopped at the twins got adopted and there was a group hug." She pretended to gag, "Families are gross."

Gia laughed, "Anyways, so I was walking Peter home and — "

"Let me guess, you got hit by another taxi?" MJ lit the lighter in Gia's hands.

"MJ! Stop!" Gia laughed again. "We got to his place and I thanked him for spending the day with him." She shut her eyes tightly. "And then I kissed him."

"You kissed him?" MJ choked on her spit. "Really?" Gia finally opened her eyes to look at MJ who had a wide smirk, "So?"

"So what?" The smile on Gia's face wouldn't leave.

"How was it?" MJ snacked Gia's arm. "Shitty? Amazing? Did he eat onions or something? Tell me already, I'm on the edge of my seat." She actually sounded interested.

Gia buried her face into her hands, "It was really really good, MJ." She sighed.

"Then what the hell? You haven't mentioned this and it's been a whole week! You guys have been acting completely normal." The girl beside Gia continued to play with the lighter.

"Because we are normal. We're friends, nothing was suppose to change. I mean, we have been talking a little less lately. It's like he's been avoiding me." Gia looked out to the city lights.

MJ rolled her eyes, "You guys are definitely not acting normal then. Peter not talking to you? That's weird." She shook her head. "You guys haven't talked about it?" Gia was amazed at how teenage MJ sounded.

"No." Gia shook her head. "Maybe he didn't like it?" She suggested, frowning slightly.

"Yeah right. This kid is crushing on you hard, Gia." MJ disagreed. "You know how I know?" The curly haired raised an eyebrow at her friend, "O-Oh h-hey G-Gia, l-looking g-good G-Gia, p-p-please date m-me G-Gia!" She mocked Peter.

"MJ! Stop! He stutters with everyone." Gia held back a laugh.

"Sure, he stutters, but not as much as he does with you. Don't even get me started on how red his face gets when you come around!" MJ crossed her arms.