ELEVEN

ELEVEN
aftermath

"And I have better things to do than Uber two annoying teenagers!"

"So Peter Parker knows that you're Blaze? And he's hesitant to get in your pants! What an idiot. You being a superhero should make that nerd even more desperate to hump you!"

"MJ." Gia sighed, she grabbed her backpack and walked into the bathroom. She trudged off her dress, tying her hair back and washing her face. Gia took a long hot shower that night, well - warm, a little cold and it was ten long minutes but she had MJ's shower to blame. She pulled on her pajamas, joining MJ in bed and laying in silence. She couldn't deny that she was in pain, bruises had appeared over her body and small wounds but nothing that she couldn't take care of.

"How did it even happen?" MJ asked in the dark, the two had been talking, staring up at the ceiling. It was two in the morning, Gia had just gotten back thirty minutes before. She found MJ in pajamas and scrolling through her phone while eating a slice of pizza before getting ready for bed.

"I just, saw him, and he saw me, and I told him and I showed him. Then I left to go fight that one guy with Spider-Man. Ned knows too." Gia lied somewhat, Peter's secret wasn't hers to tell.

"Ned knows? Oh god. How'd he take it? Probably worse than me, I mean, his friend is a superhero! He probably didn't believe you, who would?" She mumbled.

Gia chuckled to herself, Ned didn't find it hard to believe considering his best friend was Spider-Man. Ned had been texting her nonstop, checking up on her and updating her on how Peter was. She scrolled through her messages, Peter still hadn't texted her and it had been hours.

"Still nothing." Gia rubbed her face in defeat, setting her phone down and turning on her side. "I was really hoping he would change his mind and text me, but he really needs some time." The two girls faced each other, Gia's face full of regret. "I shouldn't have said anything. I should've never told him."

"Don't say that. Be glad you told him. A secret like that isn't easy to keep. Peter is going to come around and you know that." MJ patted the girl's cheeks causing Gia to slap her hands away. "Be happy. Don't be so worried. He's with Ned, he's thinking. Ned said he's acting normal too! They're messing around with tech stuff." MJ scrolled through her phone.

Gia touched her bracelet, staring down at it. The street lights peeked through MJ's window, the stone on the band around her wrist glinting.

"Ned mentioned you." MJ suddenly said, Gia sat up, rolling onto MJ to see her text messages. "Ned is hyping you up hella right now!" She pegged.

"Tell him to call us and we'll go on mute!" Gia almost screamed, trudging off of the girl and watching MJ type as quickly as possible.

Ned did as told, his contact name soon popping up onto the screen. MJ shushed Gia, accepting the call and instantly clicking the mute button. The moment was a good one, it reminded Gia that at the end of the day, whether she was fighting crime a few minutes before, she was still a teenage girl who had feelings.

"So you know?" Gia heard Peter ask.

"That Gia is a badass superhero? Uh yeah. Peter, why are you even hesitating right now? She's super pretty, funny, smart, and you really like her. This superhero stuff is gonna hold you back?" Ned mumbled.