FIVE

FIVE
longer
(mentions of sexual abuse and rape, please read with caution.)

"I like Star Wars, and science."

-

It was a Saturday. Charlie's school had set up a play, him playing the Prince Charming in Cinderella. Gia slightly despised family outings, but the kids loved them. Teresa insisted the kids join to see Charlie's play, making each one dress up.

"Do you like my shoes, Gia?" Olivia chirped, raising her feet for Gia to see. "They're pink and sparkly."

"Yeah I can see that. They're beautiful." Gia giggled at the little girl and finished pulling on her heels. "That dress is gorgeous too!" She grabbed the little girl and kissed her cheek.

"Stop it! I don't want gloss on my cheeks." The blonde girl whined. "Ooh, can you put glitter on my cheeks?" She begged, reaching for Gia's makeup bag that was rarely ever seen.

"Only a little bit. We don't Teresa getting mad, okay?" Gia fanned a brush onto the girl's cheekbones and kissed her fingers, "Perfect! You look splendid."

"Gia, Olivia! We gotta get going. Check on Cheyenne, would you? She's taking long. I hope she's not nervous." Teresa helped Quincy tie his shoes.

"What would she be nervous for?" Gia rolled her eyes, walking over to the bathroom and knocking the door. "Cheyenne, we gotta go come on." She mumbled.

"Giovanna, she's not coming to the play with us. We've got to drop her off at Central Park. Her mother requested a visit. They're allowing it." Teresa touched Gia's lower back, whispering so Cheyenne wouldn't hear.

Gia turned to face her foster mother, "You're joking." Her lips parted. "They can't do that. Not after everything, there's no way. And nobody else is gonna be there?"

"The judge allowed there to be no supervision." Teresa frowned.

She knocked on the door. "Cheyenne, let's talk about it." Gia heard the twelve year old girl weep through the door. "What about Charlie?" She mumbled.

"She doesn't wanna see him. Just Cheyenne." Teresa pulled down her black dress and rested a hand on Gia's shoulder. "I'm just as worried as you are, but we can't do anything about it." She sighed.

The bathroom door swung open, revealing a sobbing Cheyenne. "What if Gia goes with me? Please? I — I don't wanna be alone with her, what if she brings him?" She referred to her mother's boyfriend. "I can't even face him." She wiped her eyes.

"I can do that, Cheyenne. Let's do that. I can come, but what if she scares off?" Gia glanced up towards Teresa who crossed her arms. "Maybe I should just follow you guys around? Watch, make sure everything's okay." She suggested.

Cheyenne nodded, "As long as you're nearby. I don't want her handing me off to him." She whispered, her voice filled with fear.

"Why don't you invite that Peter Parker of yours? Keep yourself company." Teresa smiled, "I'm sure Peter would completely understand the situation and be happy to be your back-up." She pushed Gia's hair away from her face.

"Okay, I guess. I'll see if he's available. Keep getting ready, Chey." Gia pulled the shorter girl into a bear hug, it almost reminded her of the hug she received from Cheyenne on her first birthday in the home.