SEVEN

SEVEN
a wounded spider

"You're lucky I can swim, spider-ling."

-

Gia spent the night at home with Teresa and the kids. MJ had begged Gia to join her and the boys at Liz's party but declined. She couldn't lie, she hesitated turning down a good party with sneaky alcohol. Gia remembered Liz and Peter, instantly turning it down afterwards, the two had been growing closer.

"Spending a perfectly good Friday night with Quincy? Seems kinda boring." Teresa laughed as she walked into the living room. Quincy was laying on Gia sleeping, a pile of blankets surrounding them and buckets of popcorn.

"There was a party, I just kinda didn't feel like going." Gia mumbled, popping a piece of her popcorn into her mouth.

"Well why not?" Teresa took a sip from her cup of water, sitting down onto the barstool.

"Not in the mood, I guess. I'd rather watch The Princess and The Frog, but somebody is rudely interrupting." Gia joked, turning off the TV. "You headed to bed?" She lifted Quincy carefully and held him tightly as she stepped over the pillows on the ground.

"Yeah, if you decide to go out make sure you lock the door." Teresa yawned and reached to grab the little boy.

Gia shook her head, placing Quincy into the woman's arms, "I'm not going out." She huffed, returning to the couch where she folded the blankets.

"Mhm sure, goodnight sweetheart." Teresa left to put herself and Quincy to sleep.

Gia sat down on the couch, scrolling through her phone in silence. She liked a few pictures on Instagram, watched stories on Snapchat, and stalked Twitter. Distracting herself as she laid down.

One new iMessage

MJ
why didn't u come lava girl :(

bc peter's there to stalk liz & im not bout that
& stop callin me that ur gonna get me caught

MJ
no one has ever been thru my phone and no one ever will
MJ
penis parker isn't even here anymore he disappeared like u should've came

he left???

MJ
yup im just w ned, i think he's prolly taking a dump or he's all flustered bc of what ned said to liz the other day

what did ned say ??

MJ
that peter was friends w spider-man
READ AT 9:45 PM.

Gia raised her eyebrows, tossing her phone aside and turning on the TV. She resumed the Disney movie she was watching with her little brother and reached for another hand of popcorn. Her thoughts lingered away from the party and towards Princess Tiana. She was desperate to get her mind off of the real world and distract herself, it was finally working. Suddenly, her phone vibrated repeatedly causing her to groan quietly and sit up.

Call from Unknown Number.

She glanced at it carefully, contemplating whether or not to pick up, she ended up pressing the green button and putting the phone to her ear.