6: Guilty

Kent

"Guilty." Noah said and looked down.

"And let me guess, you told Spyder to apologize to me?" He didn't answer.

I turned to them, they all looked ashamed, well except for Sawyer, she was eating like there was no tomorrow.

"You didn't need to apologize," I told Spyder, "And you don't have to sit with me because you were told to-"

"But it's not like that!" Curly interrupted me.

"He didn't tell us this time, we chose to." that was Spyder, which kinda surprised me.

"And since when do jocks and cheerleaders sit at my table and eat lunch with me?" I asked, but it was more of a rhetorical question.

"You seem like a nice person so I don't see why not." Ruby said between bites.

"Yeah I only asked them last time, and No, I did not ask Spyder to apologize, Raiken did." Noah explained. Curly's called Raiken, I thought.

"Point is, they made a mistake, and they're correcting it." Ruby glared at all of them, which seemed to faze them all. I was still mad, but I couldn't dare argue anymore.

The school day was over, and I had to go to the bathroom so bad. Most students had already left, including Noah.

To my luck, of course, I ran into someone in my rush to reach the bathroom, and knocked over their books. To further ensure my luck, it was Casper Dean. Or more like, nose-bandaged Casper Dean.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I mumbled while picking up his books and notebooks, all while wishing he would be nice and just accept my apology and move on with his life. Life was not that great though, and the universe rarely cooperates. I just wanted to pee.

"Don't you have eyes? Can't you see where you're going?" He yelled.

"I said I'm sorry."

"Well sorry isn't enough."

"What? Should I beg you for mercy to just leave me alone?" I mocked, now standing in front of him. It was one of those 'I should keep my mouth shut' moments.

He clutched my shirt but quickly released it when he realized there was a teacher roaming the halls.

"This isn't over." He said with gritted teeth.

Great, just what I needed.

I shrugged it off and went back on my way, a little more careful now. With all what happened, I missed the bus. A 30-40 minutes' walk home was fine right? I mean I only had a bag on my shoulder and I was just tired and hungry. Ha ha not so bad right? Who am I kidding.

I didn't do anything. I just sat on the sidewalk. It was one of those moments where you don't want to walk back home, yet don't want to stay where you are, so your mind ends up jumbled, and you stay seated still, contemplating life, and get philosophical and deep about really stupid stuff.

After about 10 minutes of thinking about nothing in particular, I noticed that the school grounds were almost empty. I huffed a sigh and started my walk. I tried to take as much shortcuts as possible, but it was still a long way to go. Half way there and I heard someone shout.

"Hey you!". I've heard that voice before. In fact, I heard it earlier. OH NO.

Casper.

And he wasn't alone. Two of his friends were with him. I froze on the spot. I couldn't outrun them, they were fitter than I was.