8: Smurf

Noah

"It was just here! Where did it go?" Kent asked. Panic was taking over him like he was gonna be dead anytime soon. "If dad came home and I wasn't there I was screwed beyond unscrewing." Well that explained the panic.

"Well it's grandma's car so she must've came home and took it while we slept." I said it so normally like grandmas just pop in and out the house regularly. Mine was like that, I didn't know about others. "We'll make a run for it."

Right as we stepped out the house, dads' car was pulling into the garage.

It was just like a blockbuster action scene where the hero jumps into some random car and tells the dude to follow another random car. My dads didn't say anything.

We were there in less than 10 minutes, and as it turned out, Kent didn't live that far.

"Thanks." He said when he got out of the car, me quickly following suite.

"I didn't do anything."

"You did what no one ever did to me. You spent time with me, and helped me avoid what could've been a new set of blotches on my body."

My whole face scrunched upon mentioning that. It was a painful image that broke my heart. "I promise you, as long as I'm alive, no one will hurt you ever again."

"Thanks but, don't make promises that are impossible to keep."

"You really lost hope in everything."

He didn't answer. I didn't know what else to say. He walked a few steps toward the door, then he looked behind my back. I must've looked broken when he's the one who was.

"Thanks again Noah, goodbye."

"No don't say that, you'll see me again," I was slightly worried. Don't say goodbye, okay? You'll always find me."

I went back to the car, completely devastated at the state I've seen Kent in. He was frickin destroyed.

Some time later, I noticed that the car hasn't moved yet. I looked up from my hands, which were shivering a little. Dads were looking at me carefully.

"Are you okay smurf?" Dad asked. He always called me smurf when things were on edge. He got it from my childhood smurf toy that I used to carry around with me everywhere. Kent could've had his own childhood toy too, and it could very well be nonexistent now, just like the last shadow of hope he had.

"I just wanna go home. Take me home." Dad Zac sped into the road without asking any questions. The car moved further away, leaving behind a small piece of me that broke from the edge of my soul, detaching me to find home in another home. A home that felt like home, in a home that felt like hell.

Back then, I didn't know that I had left Kent in that hell, seeking home in the small piece of soul I left with him.

A/N: I know it's a short chapter but it paves the way for the rest so I couldn't fit it with the previous nor with the next.

Vote and tell me what you think. So far the comments are absolutely heartwarming. Thank you everyone x.