12: Busted, Kinda

Kent

I woke up feeling strangely comfortable. My bed was never this comfortable. It felt so big and smooth and fit me snuggly. A really nice bed.
"Morning." Noah said. He was lying across the window seat, a thin blanket covering his legs.
He looked soft in the warm morning light.

"Morning." I said back.

He got up and approached me.

"Can you sit up?" he asked, his voice still raspy from sleep.

"Yeah I'm much better." I said. I tried to look at him, but I couldn't. I couldn't do it. I felt too weak and pathetic.

"Listen, I'm sorry I crashed at your house and it's just pathet-"

"Don't you even say that word," he quickly interrupted. "You did what you had to do, and I willingly helped you. Nothing to apologise for."

A comfortable silence lingered between us before I apologised again. "I'm sorry I slept in your bed."

"It's okay. Not my first time sleeping in the window. I just didn't want to sleep in the bed because I don't know. It felt awkward. We barely know each other and I didn't want my parents barging in on us."

It made sense, and to be honest, It was too intimate to sleep in the same bed with someone, no matter the situation. I would've happily slept on the floor, though.

I lift up my face after what felt like forever. He was looking at me attentively, studying every part of my face.

He went around the bed and started shuffling through his drawers. He piled some clothes and lay them on the bed.

"Take a shower but like, be as silent as you can." He muttered and headed to the door. "I need to explain to my parents why do I have someone in my room without them knowing. I'll get us something to eat too."

"You don't have to be sorry." I said, but he had already left.

I took the clothes and silently went to the bathroom, making sure I don't make a sound. Thankfully the bathroom was en suite.

It didn't take more than 2 minutes for me to fall down, knock over at least three bottles, and slam my hand against the closed toilet, making the loudest noise I could ever muster.

Oh no.

A/N: the response to the last chapter was absolutely incredible. Thank you everyone and hope you enjoy this small problematic chapter.

More soon x