Chapter Fourteen

Have you checked out my new book, "Once A Greek Wife?" YOU WILL ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. What are you waiting for? Go ahead and check it out!!!!!!!!!!

Unedited

An ugly tattered doll with "red X" marked on its heart. The accompanying card read "Next time you're out walking, you may get more than bruises. Watch out."

Sheer terror gripped her as she looked at the doll. Who would've drawn sadistic pleasure at tormenting her like this? Nobody knew about the accident except for few people, unless this person who sent this caused the accident, and felt the great animosity to go to such extreme measure.

One name stood out, Francesca.

Bellissa needed to get out of here.

She didn't realize she was shaking until she was closing her shop, her fingers trembling as she inserted the security codes.

"Ms. Staropoli, are you okay?"

Feeling the shaking doubling its assault, Bellissa gathered as much of her composure as she could in order to answer him and not make him aware that anything was wrong "Yes-no, no I'm not." Can you take me home please?

"Yes, of course." Luca, the hired chauffer answered. "This way."

Opening the door for her, she scrambled in anyhow and, weak-kneed and trembling, sank onto the seat. The short drive to redwoods was silent and Bellissa came to conclusion that she wouldn't alert Leonardo but she would take more caution, using more of the chauffeured car. Her train of thought was interrupted by the view of Redwoods as she got out and thanked the chauffer.

Anxious to get to her sanctuary, she jumped to her feet, grabbed her bag and headed for the door. Once in her bedroom, she disposed of her cross-bag and hung up her jacket. She found herself thinking about the little gift she received. Can Francesca be this sadist?

But she warned her, didn't she? Ooh her obsession with Leonardo was that serious. She was sick.

Mostly important what was she going to do?

Telling Leonardo wasn't an option in his own warp sense of wealth he might swamped her with an entourage of bodyguards. And the last thing she ever want is being monitored and supervised.

Pondering on her current situation and possible solutions, on cue her stomach roared in protest, reminding her she hadn't had anything of substance since her breakfast. Decided to prepare the light meal, pasta maybe and go to bed. She would worry about Francesca tomorrow.

Walking across the living room to the kitchen, she was halted by the ringing phone. She heaved a deep sigh and reluctantly, she walked back and picked up the receiver.

"Hello, this is the redwood ho-

"What happened?"

"Leo?"

"Start talking, Bellissa."

"It was-was nothing."

"According to Luca, it didn't feel like nothing. You were shaking out of your wits."

She took a deep breath to calm her jumping pulse. "I was. I mean, he told you that."

"Bellissa?"

"I received this wicked doll with the "x" marked at its heart."

"Were any messages or anything?"

"Yes. There was a card."

"What did it say?"

"Next time you're out walking, you may get more than bruises. Watch out."

"I see." He grated, "you still have the package?"