Chapter Nineteen

Unedited

Leonardo made a harsh growling in the back of his throat. "Hell Bellissa! I didn't mean it like that."

"I'm not doing this again." She looked bewildered trying to scurry away, the only thing prevented her was the tight hand on her wrist.

"Please, sit down. I need to explain myself."

"You can talk until you're blue in the face and it won't change my mind," she went on, her voice carrying a bitter strength.

"Calm down cara."

"Why would I calm down?" what right do you have to tell me to calm down after...after trying to pay me off for the service rendered. Let make one thing clear Mr. Ferraris I wouldn't take a thing from you."

As his wide mouth curled with amusement, she understood why people committed murder.

When he saw tears gathered on her lashes he muttered a curse. "I'm not good with emotions. I'm good at being angry, at being passionate, at being ambitious but I'm no good at the softer stuff." Leonardo admitted grittily.

"Why are you telling me this?"

His nostrils flared as he drew in an angry breath. "Cut me some slack, cara. I'm trying to apologize here."

Bellissa sighed. "'I think you've had more than your pound of flesh. If you had any decency, you'd just call it a night and made sure we never meet again."

"I guess I'm not that decent," he countered mildly,

"You could never be."

"I don't understand this bitterness."

"Of course you wouldn't."

"Listen here there is no need of you acting this way. 'I took nothing you didn't want to give, what happened in Paris was normal and you wanted me as much as I wanted you. I can feel the passion sizzling, cara. Don't deny what we have."

"You mean Sex? Sex is nothing to you. It's just as common as shaking hands is to most people. That's fine. But I'm not going to be one of your flookies."

"I don't know what game you're playing but I'll never beg or keep chasing you like a puppy dog?"

"Puppy dog?" she laughed. "You could never be a puppy dog Leonardo. You came to this world a full grown womanizing wolf."

He laughed loudly.

She was trembling with a mixture of anger and some other emotion she didn't want to define. "Well that makes me feel so much better."

He studied her narrowly. "What really happened to the sweet Bellissa I knew?"

"You happened."

"By happened you mean having sex? You're a very passionate woman and you cant tell me you didn't enjoy it."

She buried her teeth in her lower lips."Passionate? Or a whore."

'Don't say that,' he muttered roughly. 'Don't even think it.

"I don't want to hear your excuses, Leo! Can't you get that through your head? I'm sick of being used and blackmailed by you-in all senses! Go paddle your canoe somewhere else!"

"It's been a straining night and the food is getting cold. Eat your dinner and lets get out of here.."

"Thank goodness." She set down her glass sharply.

He laughed softly, lifted his glass and said with cool insolence. "Do you know how many women would love to have me for a dinner date."

"Not me! I wouldn't have you even if you were delivered to me on a plate. With a dripping piece of chocolate cake in your mouth and a bottle of the very best champagne." She said vehemently.