Chapter Fifteen

Have you checked out my new book, Once A Greek Wife?

Unedited

Leonardo didn't break his stride as he walked toward the redwoods; his expression on his lean dark features was foreboding. "What game does Bellissa think she is playing at?" Disappearing on him like that without a word, leaving him with Francesca throwing herself into him like a bitch on heat.

Bellissa was going to hear about it.

Stood before the oak door, he took a chunk breath in to calm his rage and pressed the doorbell. Few seconds later no reply, he rang it again this time using more force than necessary his feet tapping on the floor furiously.

Lifting his hand to ring again, the door was opened and plump woman, Bellissa's aunt, smiled at him and giggled nervously in the same space. "Leonardo, come in."

Remembering his manner, he managed to force his lips to semblance of a smile. "Theresa, sorry to bother you. I would like to talk to Bellissa."

Theresa frowned, "she isn't home. Why don't you come in and wait for her."

"Yes, that would do." The rage coursed through him threatened to choke him. What was she thinking roaming on Rome streets during the night with no security details? There was a threat on her that he couldn't pin the perpetrator. She might not know the seriousness of the threat but yet what was she thinking sneaking off like that. The security man at his apartment complex had informed him Bellissa took a taxi nearly an hour ago. So why wasn't she home yet?

He crossed the homey living room and stood in the large bow of the window and gazed out over the graveled drive, without really seeing it. Feeling restless and enraged

"Can I get you anything?"

"Something stronger would do."

"I can arrange that."

A few minutes later Theresa came back with the glass of brand and placed it on the coffee table. "Should I be worried about Bellissa?"

Leonardo crossed the living room and sat on the comfortable armchair. "No Theresa, you don't need to." He unleashed his charming smile. "I have some few things to teach Bellissa."

She smiled mischievously. "And I know better not to pry."

"You're a smart woman Theresa." He tipped his glass towards her and downed it in the go.

Theresa kept him company for a while, chatting, talking about Bellissa of course. After half an hour she was too tired and sleepy to be a suitable company and she finally said her goodnight.

Leonardo's dark mood returned in vengeance, thinking about the early events. The appearance of Francesca was expected-she wasn't stupid enough to go against him in public placing charges on Bellissa but she might find the audacity of coming after Bellissa anonymously.

At first he suspected it was Francesca pulling her jealous tantrums scaring off Bellissa but he wasn't sure anymore. He confronted her and she was clueless of both incidents, that made her a good actress or he'd lost his ability to read people. But he didn't want to take a chance and written her off.

The perpetrator was clever. His security team couldn't trace back the sender of the gift or the car that ran her down. And that grated his nerves.

She might not know the seriousness of her situation but she couldn't be that naive and careless to take off during the night at her own. And just to think she didn't even possess a mobile phone in this twenty first century had the red mist risen across his eyes. How irresponsible can she be on her own safety? He swore, a hostile expression stamped on his hard features.