Grovel

Taehyung felt like he was choking as he stepped inside the small apartment building. He knew Y/N did well for herself, so he didn't understand why she didn't live like it. It wasn't a bad building, it was actually pretty new, but it was definitely not what someone with her money could afford. He heard Yoongi grunt in disgust at the trash piled on the curb.

"Can I help you?"

"Yes, we're looking for the resident in room 506." Jimin was smooth and pleasant, knowing how uncomfortable Taehyung was and handling the mundane so he didn't have to think.

"I'll buzz her." The man grunted.

"Yes?"

"Ma'am, there's a couple men here to see you." There was a pause.

"Who are they?"

"Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung." Jimin said quickly. There was another pause.

"I'll come down." Taehyung's heart skipped a beat. This was his idea but his palms were sweating. He wasn't used to this. He wasn't used to groveling and having to apologize. Yoongi had kindly provided the address again and had personally driven them there. Despite his sometimes gruff ways he cared for his friends, especially when they were trying to make something right. Jimin had just come along as moral support. And maybe his winning smile would work in Taehyung's favor.

It wasn't that late in the evening and yet when Y/N appeared she had a light throw wrapped around her shoulders and was wearing PJs.

Her face darkened when she saw them.

"What do you want?"

"Can I speak to you for a moment?" Taehyung said hurriedly, before she could get them thrown out. "Alone?" He was grateful for his friends' support but he didn't want them to see what he was about to do. She huffed and turned her back, slowly walking back up the stairs. But she didn't say no...

He decided to take his chances and mounted the steps after her.

She made him walk. Up all five flights of stairs. When they reached the top she turned around and glared at him again.

"What do you want?" In response he bowed his head and hurriedly got down on his knees.

"Songgu seureobseubnida." He said, enunciating each word. "I didn't..." His lips and throat were dry. "I did not realize the message I would send when I sent you flowers. I didn't think and I am very sorry for that." There was a long pause but he didn't dare look up. He was afraid to. He felt frozen.

"Why'd you send them." She asked flatly. He gulped.

"I...you're an accomplished woman and I don't meet many in your position..." His voice trailed off. He wasn't sure what to say. What did she want him to say?

"You mean I'm attractive and you think because I'm female I slept my way to the top and am an easy fuck." Okay, yeah she was attractive. But he had been under no illusions even before he realized how badly he'd screwed up with the flowers. She was not the normal ditzes he charmed and slept with. If anything happened he would have to put in effort. He had not felt superior in the meeting room, he had felt like he was mentally wrestling with an equal. And he'd liked it.

He actually felt a little offended that she would assume that that's what he thought about her. He was on his feet before realizing it and it was his turn to glare at her.

"No." It was a firm, solid denial. She cocked an eyebrow at him.

"No?"

"No...yes...no..." He was scrambling, trying to get his words together now that he was looking her in the face. "Yes...you're attractive...but if I want an easy fuck I know where to get it. And it's definitely not with you." Maybe that'd come off a little strong. He bowed his head again. "I was out of line. We were in a business partnership and my behavior was unacceptable. I just wanted you to know that I see and acknowledge that. Have a good day." He'd wanted to beg for her to reconsider but now he just wanted out of there. Every time he opened his mouth things came out wrong.

He didn't look at Yoongi or Jimin as he walked back outside. They let him be, he didn't...couldn't talk about it.

-

Y/N thoughtfully tapped her finger against her lips as she looked out the window, at the car driving onto the street.

He'd...apologized. She was so blown away she didn't know how to react. She'd never...been apologized to before. Every time it had been 'you're overreacting', 'boys will be boys', 'let me sweeten this deal since your panties are in a wad'. Never had it been an outright admitting of culpability. She bit her lip thoughtfully, then picked up her phone and dialed Ryung.

"Hey, so...contact Kim Enterprises and have a first draft of the contract drafted."

"Uh....okay....why...." Never had Y/N ever gone back on a decision to ghost a company.

"He..." Her voice caught. She still couldn't believe it. "He apologized." The pause on the other end was so long she checked her phone to make sure Ryung hadn't hung up.

"Wow...okay...wonderful. Shocking but wonderful. I'll get on that right away." Ryung never thought he would hear those words coming out of her mouth.