Jimin Comes Too

He didn't respond for a second, mostly just surprised that Y/N had come to him. He had expected her to put up a good front and try and push him away. But then his arms were sliding around her body and he pressed her into him, concealing her from the beating taking place behind them.

"You're safe now." He whispered over and over. It felt like minutes but it was really only a couple moments. Namjoon tapped his shoulder and he turned his head, still hiding Y/N.

"We'll clean this up. You take her home." Namjoon said, gesturing to the now unconscious and bloody Byung-ho and his partner in crime. Taehyung nodded. Y/N was sniffling, she hadn't cried for long, but her head was still against his chest. He stroked her back.

"Let's go, Y/N. Can you walk?" She shakily lifted her head and tried to take a step but her knee gave out and she grabbed onto him. In the back of his head a part of him liked it but he wasn't really focused on that at the moment. She was in no condition to really be going anywhere. She was disoriented and in shock, starting to shiver. He bit his lip for a moment and then made his decision, getting his arms underneath her body and sweeping her up. He used his arm to hold the torn fabric around her zipper in place so she wouldn't be exposed to everyone they walked by.

Jimin followed him out to his car and he didn't question it. Out of all of them, Jimin was the one she had met the most. Run-ins at Taehyung's office. He would be the one she'd feel the most comfortable around.

"Where are you taking her?" Jimin asked him as he buckled in the passenger seat. Taehyung had his arm around Y/N and was pressing her into him, trying to keeping her warm. The driver started the car.  She'd gone quiet. And that made him nervous, especially since she was still shivering.

"Home."

-

"Can you walk?" She nodded numbly and shakily stepped out of the car after him. There wasn't anyone around the apartment building but he kept his hand on her lower back, the fabric fisted in his fingers.

"I think I might have some clothes, stay with her will you?" Jimin sat next to her on the couch while Taehyung went to check his supply. He'd had enough lady friends over that he'd invested in a stock of basic clothing for when they left. He didn't like how it would be easy to tell what they'd been up to with him the night before. He'd also gotten good at estimating sizes.

Jimin took her hand and gave it a squeeze.

"I'm sorry." He said quietly, not sure what else to say.

"It's not your fault." She finally spoke, staring blankly in front of them at nothing.

"I know. I'm sorry you had to deal with that."

"Here." Taehyung was back, holding a plain white t-shirt and some faded jeans. He was relieved when she looked up and took them. "I have a spare bedroom you can change in. Or the bathroom." He said, unsure.

"Bathroom's fine." Physically, she seemed stronger. But her eyes were still unfocused and dead as she walked past him and closed the bathroom door behind her. Taehyung blew out a breath and raked his fingers through his hair.

"That son of a bitch. I can't believe he..." He shook his head and looked away, allowing himself to feel. "I didn't realize he wanted her that bad. He's harassed so many women..."

"None of us did. It's not your fault, Tae." Jimin stood up and patted his back. "You saved her and that's what matters."

"I should've gone after her earlier..."

"It's not your fault." Jimin's voice was firm, not allowing any disagreement. Taehyung bit his lip.

"Do you mind sleeping on the couch tonight? I want her to sleep in the spare room. I don't think she's capable of going home right now."

"Aren't you going to call her assistant?" Taehyung scoffed.

"Those three are useless." Jimin raised an eyebrow.

"What? They are."

"You know an awful lot about her assistants."

"Of course. They're irritating."

"Really." Taehyung squinted at Jimin.

"What's with that tone?" Jimin raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing. I think you should check on her. She's been in there an awful long time."