3. pop a question

Haven

Everything will be fine, everything will be fine. You've already met people, they thought you were nice. I told myself, completely ignoring the fact that almost no one wanted to shake my hand at the introduction evening.

Chuckling, a frown formed on my face instead as I stared into the mirror, raking a hand through my wavy hair, that was barely resting on my shoulders. Impulsive, that's what my mother called me, but I didn't mind. Chopping off inches of my hair was probably a right decision, as I didn't think it looked too bad.

My blueish, or greyish eyes, (I couldn't decide, mum and dad said they were blue, but one of my brothers, Jude, had chuckled and said they were simply grey), looked tired, as sleep was far away from me last night.

Because although I was usually very optimistic about things, I couldn't help but worry lightly about the new lifestyle I had yet to adapt. University, who would've thought. Mum and dad were more than happy that I had decided to keep living at home, instead of dorms or student houses, though Jude was slightly disappointed, telling me how I would be missing out on the whole 'University Experience', I thought he just wanted me gone.

Adjusting my, now decorated with ink, Herschel backpack on my back, I nibbled on my bottom lip as I stared into the mirror, sighing. "Why does it look like it is my first day of Middle School, instead of University?"

"Because, Haven, your always rosy cheeks make you look like a child," Jude snickered, pulling at my cheeks as he stood in front of me, blocking the view of myself through the mirror.

"Shut up," I mumbled, shoving my, two years older brother, away. "I thought once I turned eighteen, you'd let me breathe." Totally got that wrong, as I had been eighteen for a few months. "I've got to go now."

"Hey, I was just kidding. Have fun, yeah? And don't be too.. over-enthusiastic," he teased, waving at me.

I simply rolled my eyes, then gave him a small smile, the nerves probably visible through it. "Bye, Jude."

Strolling through my own neighborhood for a few minutes, I reached the bus stop not much later, sitting down when it arrived after three minutes. Running my fingers through my hair, I stared outside the window, my tired eyes barely keeping up with the trees that passed by way too fast.

We stopped a few times, more, clearly nervous or excited, new students stepping inside, talking about what they expected University to be. I recognized none of them, sighing a little. I was relieved when we arrived not much later, the nerves, bumpy road and therefore- bus and loud chatting had made me nauseous.

Stepping outside, I re-adjusted the bag on my back and smiled while staring at the huge building in front of me again. This was it. A new, fresh start.

Or well, that's what I thought, because the moment I took a step forward, my foot made me trip over the small step I hadn't noticed, causing me to fall into a mud puddle.

Dark drops splattered all around, people shrieking and taking steps aside, none bothering to help me. Quickly standing up, I was relieved when I found out my hands and knees were the only things looking black. The damage wasn't too bad.

Rosiness crept upon my cheeks again, and I sheepishly smiled at the students that walked past me with either a grin, or frown on their faces.

Excellent, Haven. Just, great!

"I blame gravity," I told them, quickly taking a large step over the puddle, hurrying my way inside of the building.

Luckily for me, nobody really bothered to look at me anymore after the small incident, making me sigh in relief. After washing my hands in the washrooms, I ran my fingers through my hair and I took my timetable out of my backpack, feeling relieved that I had already searched everything up.