Chapter 01

Katie was sitting on the water side. Thinking about where her mother would be. Always around the time of summer they are cleaning the ocean and arrange mermaid weddings so there will be mermaid children. Katie was actually half a mermaid. She could live under water and on land. Her father was a wizard. Katie got that magic from him as well. Katies mom found it best if she would live on land and first learn all the magic at Hogwarts like a normal human. Her mother and Albus Dumbledore were friends and so she arranged for her to be raised at Dumbledore manor. Dumbledore was like a father to her. 

Her own father wanted nothing to do with both Katies mom and Katie herself. Katies mom confessed that her dad was a death either and once Katie was at a right age she explained what that meant. 

It turned out that her father was one of Voldemorts biggest trusted man. The only people who knew that truth were her mother, Dumbledore and herself. No one else knew who her father was. 

Dumbledore saw her sitting by the edge and walked towards her. He considered Katie his daughter and felt responsible for her. 

'Why don't you go for a swim, it might be your last chance since you will be going back to Hogwarts tomorrow', Dumbledore said. Katie sighted. 'It will be my last year, the final year that all of my friends will be together', Katie said. 'It's still only Lily Evans who knows your a mermaid right?', Dumbledore asked. 'Yes father, she is the only one, but I wish I could tell my friends, Sirius and Remus what I am too', Katie said. 

'What about Peter?', Dumbledore asked. 'What about him, I don't trust him, he does everything he is been told, so no I wouldn't tell him, in those seven years I know him he is not worth the truth', Katie said. 

'What about you and Sirius, didn't you dated for a time?', Dumbledore said. 'Dad, my love life doesn't concern you', Katie sighted. 'It does, besides your my daughter, I have to know in order to protect you', Dumbledore said. 

'Fine, well yes we dated when we were in the sixth year, but he cheated on me with one of the Quidditch team players, I caught him making out with this girl. I wasn't even surprised. I knew that both James and Sirius are players. I warned Lily for James. But she doesn't listen to me, she is in love with him', Katie said. 'And you and Sirius?', Dumbledore said. 'Oh we are over, we are friendly towards each other, but we are over. When Lily and I want to get away from the boys we usually hang out with this other boy, he is a Slytherin', Katie said. 'Who?', Dumbledore asked. 'Severus Snape', Katie mumbled. 

'That is who James is bullying all the time, he has got himself into troubles with Sirius more times then I can count', Dumbledore said. 'That's the one', Katie said. 

'You do know how to pick them don't you. Do you and that Slytherin boy have a thing?', Dumbledore asked. 'Your want to know a lot today dad, but no we don't. I like him. Maybe from the moment I met him, but he has only eye for one girl dad', Katie said. 'Who?', Dumbledore asked. 'Lily', Katie sighted. 

'Life is difficult, it happens to the best of us, we all want things we can't have, usually that makes us want it even more', Dumbledore said. Katie nodded. 

'I think I will go for that swim, I'll be back before dinner', Katie said. 'You can take your time', Dumbledore said smiling. 'Thanks dad', Katie said smiling. 'For what', Dumbledore said. 'Listening to my teenage problems', Katie said grinning. 'I'm always here for you when you need me', Dumbledore said and he hugged Katie before she jumped into the water. 

Katie felt her legs sticking together and slowly a beautiful pink, blue tail appeared. Katie swooped in multiple time and swam faster and faster trough the blue water. 

Her eyes adjusted fast. Even though she was on a depth that humans can't come she could see clearly. 

So there is something about mermaids and merfolk that you should know. First off, you got the half breeds, me. Full bloods like my mother and mermaids are under command of their Queen. In our sea it's Queen Eliza. She has little tolerance for witches and wizards, but when the time comes when the land folk is in need, she would help. She pledged her loyalty to my dad, not towards Voldemort. 

Queen Eliza doesn't really appreciate what my mother has done. Sleeping with the enemies from both the under water world and the human world. She doesn't really like me. 

That is how we mermaids are. Then we have an enemy, well sort off. Merfolk. They are mermaids, but then the ugly ass version off it. Scary teeth and sharp tails. They control the Black Lake at Hogwarts for most of the year. They usually don't like to enter open water. Mermaids sometimes have business at Hogwarts and therefore are in need to use the Black Lake passage, but rather don't. 

After an hour of swimming and not finding my mom I swam back disappointed. She knew this was my last day here and didn't show up. Nice. 

'No luck?', Dumbledore asked seeing my face when I returned. I shook my head and sat down at the dinner table. 'No, perhaps she was busy doing some stuff for Queen Eliza', Katie said. 'Everything will fall on it's place, it always does little one', Dumbledore said. 'You still call me little one, even though I'm an adult', Katie said laughing. 

They spend the evening playing board games. Dumbledore knew that once at school he wouldn't have much time for her and he wanted to make the most of it. 

Dumbledore was outside having a smoke with his pipe when he heard a splash. 'Albus, is she inside, I know that she went looking for me, but I couldn't leave, I was in the middle of a conference with Queen Eliza', a woman with dark brown hair said. Her tail flicked up and down making the water splash around her. 

'I'm here mom', Katie said. 'Oh Katie I'm so sorry we didn't got to swim with each other today', Katie's mom said feeling guilty. 'Well, uh it's never too late right dad', Katie said hopeful. 'An hour, not a minute more', Dumbledore said. 'Yes, thanks dad', Katie said and she jumped in the water once more.