Chapter 11

While summer was getting started Katie was getting started too. Her tail became more of a problem. She always had to avoid some kids playing around with water. She couldn't quite have her tail appear in public now. The only person who knew she was a mermaid was Lily. She wanted to keep it that way. All though she thought about telling Severus. Since he was such a good boyfriend for her and he was so sweet she felt like he deserved the truth about who she actually was. 

Being a mermaid is more then flipping your tail around in the water. Mermaids have duties too. Since she was a halfbreed her duties are kind of twisted in a way. She was one of the very few halfbreeds that was a witch as well. 

There are more halfbreeds mermaids, but mermaids usually fall in love with a muggle, not a witch or wizard. So Katie was extra powerful and a wanted price for the Dark Lord. 

Her mother send her to Hogwarts all those years ago because of it. The ocean hadn't had the protection she needed at the time. Her mother couldn't protect her from her crazy ass death eather of a father and decided that staying with Albus Dumbledore was the safest. 

Katie was dissapointed at first that she had to leave her mother behind and live her life in the world of magic. But then once she got to make friends, good friends like Lily, Severus, Remus, Sirius, James and Peter she now doesn't quite know what to do. 

Katie is of age now and can make her own choices. If she chooses to be a mermaid she would sure stay under water for a while to get to know the rules of being an actual mermaid, she would have to meet the Queen her mother tells so much about and clear the water of being cold. Which is taking a long while, but it had to be done by mermaids, it was a rule that was there since the beginning of time. 

The only thing is that she had a life here now. A life that felt so formiliar, so good. She had a loving boyfriend, a best friend and more she could have ever asked for. Was she truely ready to leave all of that behind. 

She watched Severus talking to the Lestrange girl and to Lucius Malfoy. She didn't liked them. She didn't liked the way Severus acted when he was with them. 

She understood that he was a Slytherin boy and needed to have friends within his own house, she just wished that it weren't a Lestrange or Malfoy all together. 

They walked towards her. She was surprised that they did. Especially surprised by Lestrange and Malfoy. 

'Miss Holt', Malfoy nodded. 'Malfoy', Katie said polite but coldly. Severus grabbed her hand instantly and smiled at Katie. Who happily smiled back at him. 'I'll see you guys around', he said. Lestrange raised an eyebrow at Katie who wasn't responding to it and decided it was for the best. 

Malfoy and Lestrange left, leaving Severus and Katie alone. Katie kissed him softly. Severus started to relax. It always felt like coming home when he was with her. 'I have missed you', she whispered. 'I've missed you as well', he stated. 

They walked in silence hand in hand towards the place where they slept together for the first time. 

That is when Katie made her choice right there. She would tell him about her being a mermaid. He deserved to know who he was dating at the moment. She couldn't keep this from him any longer. 

'What is it, you seem troubled', Severus said. 'It's because I have something to tell you, it has been on my mind for quite some time, but right now I need to show you, but first I need to know, would you still love me after I show you or would you hate me', Katie whispered. 

'Hate you, what on earth are you talking about, I could never hate you, you are the one I love', Severus stated. 'How long will that last when you see who I really am, what I really am', Katie said. 'What do you mean with what you really are', Severus said. 

'I need to show you, not tell you, you wouldn't believe me if I told you', Katie said. 'You are starting to worry me, show me what', Severus said. 

Without a warning Katie let go of Severus and jumped in the water. 'What the... Katie were are you', Severus yelled when he didn't saw her. 

The water bubbled and then Katie showed up. A golden scubbed top covered her breasts and a beautiful golden tail was there were her legs should be. 

Severus was in shock. His mouth hung open and he was lost for words...

Author's note:

So Katie finally told Severus. How would he react to her surprise. You will find out in the next chapter. Sorry this was a short one. I don't have much time, but I wanted to post something :)