Chapter 04

The first snow has fallen on the grounds of Hogwarts. The lake was frozen which kept Katie from her daily swims and visiting Nesitah her Merfolk friend. 

Christmas Holiday was just around the corner. Lily went home, so was James. Sirius stayed at school. Remus went home. Katie stayed at school as well. She noticed that Severus stayed at school as well. 

'Looks like it's just us at school then', Sirius said. 'Don't get any ideas in your head', Katie said grinning. 'I wouldn't dare', Sirius smirked. 

Suddenly a splash of water came right in Katie's face. 'Shit', she mumbled. She looked around. It were Malfoy and Lestrange. She quickly dried herself off with a spell. She could have turned into a mermaid right here in the Great Hall. That would have been a complete disaster. 

Severus Snape just looked as his friends were teasing his Gryffindor friend. She looked angry at him. He saw her get up from the Gryffindor table and walked towards the Slytherin table. Sirius Black walked with her. 

'Why didn't you do anything to stop those two idiots from spilling water over me, I swear Severus. I thought we were friends, I thought I was doing the right thing with staying your friend, even after you called Lily a mud blood I stayed your friend. I guess it's not good enough since you now have your Slytherin friends to watch over you', Katie said angry.

Severus had never seen her so angry. It was just a prank. Just water. Why would she be so angry over water and why did it hurt so bad what she said. 'Katie I...', he started. 'Save it Severus, right now I feel sick off you and your idiotic Slytherin friends', Katie said. 

Katie and Sirius walked away after that. 'It was only water', Sirius started. 'Not you too, it's not about the water. It's about Severus being an ass, he is just following in the footsteps of that stupid Malfoy and Lestrange. They are bad news. I can feel it', Katie said. 

Severus thought about nothing other then the fight that he and Katie just had. He had to make it right with her. He just had too. Suddenly he found the ensure to his prayers. He took the vial of Liquid Luck. He could sure use a little bit of luck in his life right now. 

He walked at the school grounds and somehow he knew exactly where he needed to be. He suddenly bumped into someone tall. It was Dumbledore. 

'Good afternoon young Mr. Snape, where are you off too', Dumbledore said. 'Oh, I need to tell Katie that I do love her and that I am sorry', Severus said. Only after he said that he realized against who he said that. Katie's father. Shit. 

'All right, well never wait with apologizing towards woman, otherwise you may never win them back, you will regret it for the rest of your life', Dumbledore stated. 

'Well thank you, just what I needed professor', Severus said. 

Severus walked further until he found Katie near the Black Lake. 'You aren't cold?', Severus asked. 'No, the cold never bothers me, some students do bother me', Katie said. Severus sat down next to her. 

'I'm sorry about the prank. I'm also sorry that I got dragged along with that Malfoy and Lestrange. I know there bad news, but I need to survive Slytherin. It has been a challenge. Potter and Black didn't made it any easier', Severus confessed. 

Katie's eyes softened by his words. 'I know, the reason why I was so mad is that I defend you a thousand times when you where in trouble with James and Sirius. You just let Malfoy and Lestrange take a prank on me', Katie said. 

'I know and I'm sorry, it will never happen again', Severus said. 'There is something different about you now as it was a few minutes ago. What did you do', Katie said curious. 'Nothing, I just. Nothing', Severus said. 'A lot of nothing for you Severus', Katie said. 'I care about you Katie', Severus whispered. 'I care about you too Severus', Katie replied. 

Then Severus did something that he never thought he would do. Katie never thought that he would do. He kissed Katie. 

Sirius was heading down to the Black Lake where he suppose to meet up with Katie. Only he saw Severus Snape beat him. They looked close. To close for comfort if you asked him. But it wasn't his choice. It was hers and she choose him. 

Katie was taken back at first, but she could feel her body relaxing and kissed him back. Severus could feel the potion wear off. It's effect was gone, but he could still feel the adrenaline of kissing Katie. 

Katie smiled at him and put her head on his shoulders to rest. He grabbed her hand and hold her tight to his body. 

Katie and Severus walked towards the castle together. Severus went back to the Slytherin common room and Katie to the Gryffindor common room. They made plans to meet each other around midnight. 

Halfway up the stairs towards the Gryffindor common room Katie changed her mind. She went straight to the owl wing to tell Lily that she and Severus kissed. 

She grabbed a quill and ink and started to write. 

Dear Lily,

First of all, merry Christmas. Since this letter will be arriving when it's Christmas time. Second, I wanted to tell you what happened. SS kissed me. I don't know what gave him the confidence to do so, but he did. I know you two were once caring to one another, which I hope can happen again. I hope you can find it in your hart to be happy for me as I am for you since you are with JP. I hope you have a good holiday, don't let Petunia drive you crazy. 
Lots of love from your bestie.

Katie Holt. 

Ps. Attached to this note is a little something I got for you for Christmas. Merry Christmas!

Katie made sure that the package was tight enough so the owl was not going to drop it along it's flight. Katie watched the owl until it disappeared in the snow storm.