Chapter 13

The werewolf was growling and saliva was dripping of it's chin. Severus was standing in front of Katie for protection, but it meant him getting hit with a claw of the werewolf Remus. 

'Noooo!', Katie yelled and she looked frightning at Severus who was now bleeding from his arm and clearly in pain. The werewolf wanted to attack again and his full attention was towards Severus who was once again standing in front of Katie who tried to think of a spell that could protect them both. 

Severus got hit again and blood spilled out of his stomach. 'Severus, nooo', Katie cried out. The dog tried to distract the werewolf while the rat was crawling around him to distract as well.

The stag was running towards the castle to get help. 'Severus no, please Severus stay with me okay', Katie begged. The werewolf was now far away into the Forbidden Forest again along with the dog and the rat. 

'Severus, please hold on, I'll get help', Katie said and she raised her wand. 'Pariculum!', she yelled and red sparks were flying out her wand and she would hoped that a teacher would see them and know where they were along with James getting help. 

Severus his breathing was getting slow and blood was still flowing out his body. He couldn't speak. 'Severus, oh Severus please I can't do without you', Katie said. 

Severus grabbed Katies hand and squeezed in it as hard as he could. They waited until finally there were two teachers coming towards them. Professor McGonagall and Dumbledore. 

'What happened?', professor McGonagall said worried. 'Werewolf', Severus breathed. 'Try not to speak young master Snape, we get you to the hospital wing fast', Dumbledore said and he looked at me worried. 'Are you okay?', he asked. 'I am fine, please take care of Severus', Katie said. 

Dumbledore waved with his wand and Severus was floating with us towards the hospital wing where madame Pomfrey was already waiting for them.

'Oh no, what happened', madame Pomfrey said. 'Just heal him first', Katie said. She pressed a soft kiss on his lips and madame Pomfrey was poaring a potion into his mouth that got him to sleep while she was tending his insuries. 

'Now, tell me what happened', Dumbledore demanded. 'And explain why you and mr. Snape were outside at this hour', professor McGonagall said a bit angry. 

'Well, the reason why we were outside was... do I really need to tell this part', Katie said raising an eyebrow at her godfather. 

Professor McGonagall who didn't knew about them dating wanted to know.

'Well fine, me and Severus were at that spot because that is where we first slept together, tonight we uhhh...', Katie started. 'Okay I get it, just tell the rest', professor McGonagall said quickly and now she understood Katies hasitation of telling her. 

'So we did that again, but then I heard a noice and we both wanted to go back to the castle, that is when the werewolf came out of the Forbidden Forest', Katie said. 

Professor McGonagall sighted. 'I know about the werewolf being Remus', Katie said quickly. 'How?', professor McGonagall said surprised. 'He is my friend, one of my best friends actually, but Severus doesn't know that, it's not my place to tell. Tonight I just told him one of my own secrets...', Katie said. 

'Do you mean that...', Dumbledore started. 'Severus knows, that is exactly what I mean dad', Katie said. 'Why... is he', Dumbledore started. 'I think he is the one dad', Katie whispered. 

'Can someone please explain what is going on?', professor McGonagall said confused. 'You can trust Minerva Katie, if you want you can tell her the whole truth', Dumbledore said. Katie nodded. It would be nice not to have to keep it a secret from the head of her house. 

'I'm a mermaid', she blurted out. 'What?', professor McGonagall said surprised. 'I'm half mermaid half witch to be exact. My mother is a mermaid and my father is a wizard. Us mermaids we can only fall in love one time. Sadly for my mother she fell in love with my father who is as you know a deat eater. My mother doesn't love him anymore, but never loved another man. Right now I love Severus, tonight I told him about what I am, I showed him. That lead to the romantic night as I was just telling you', Katie told her. 

Professor McGonagall still looked surprised. 'Albus, why haven't you told me?', she said. 'I asked him not to tell anyone, it isn't his secret to tell', Katie said. Professor McGonagall nodded. 

Madame Pomfrey walked towards them. 'He is healing now, you can come and say goodnight to him if you want, he might hear you', madame Pomfrey said. 

Katie walked towards Severus his bed. 'Heal you here me, I want to walk hand in hand with you again in no time, I'll come back tomorrow morning', Katie whispered and she pressed another soft kiss on his lips. 

'Come my dear, you can sleep in my dorm, that way you get some actual rest', Dumbledore said. 'I am sorry for being out of the castle after hours again', Katie said. 'Your a mermaid, you were drawn to the full moon tonight and your young and in love', Dumbledore said with a twinkle in his eyes. 

Professor McGonagall walked with them. 'Thank you for telling me Katie, I know it must have been difficult, you shall recieve no punishment from this event. I'll keep an eye on Severus as well, you just get a couple of hours of sleep, it's nearly morning', professor McGonagall said. 

Katie thanked professor McGonagall and left with Dumbledore to his office. Behind his office were his sleeping quarters. 'What about you dad?', Katie said feeling guilty. 'Don't worry about me, I'm only an hour early then normal, I have some things to do before the day starts, you get some sleep, try not to worry too much', Dumbledore said. 

Katie entered her fathers chambers. There was a Kingsized bed filled with gold material. There were moving pictures of her and Albus on his nightstand. She smiled as she remembered when it was taken. This was one of these times when she felt that Albus wasn't just a godfather to her, he was her actual father, even though they didn't shared blood. 

There was a book laying upside down on the nightstand with his glasses next to it. Curious what her father was reading she turned it around. It was a book about animagi. 

Katie crawled into bed. As soon as her head was touching the pillow she was fast asleep.