Chapter 02

Dumbledore watched as Katie and her mom swam off shore. He and Katie's mother knew each other a long time, that is why Katie's mom trusted only him with his daughter. He took Katie in from the day she was born. A half breed mermaid could survive better on land. Especially a witch. 

So when Katie's mom described the situation to him and came to him as a friend in need he aimed to help in every way he could. He provided Katie with a safe home to grow up in. In the magical world where she could get used to both worlds so they had a house by the sea. So her mother could visit as often as she could. 

Tomorrow she would be finishing up her Hogwarts years and would have the chance to pick a career, or go to the sea and live out her further days with her mother as a mermaid. 

Dumbledore didn't knew what she would choose, but whatever she decided he would fully support her. He would miss her terrible if she would to choose to live in the sea. It will be a big year. 

The next morning when Katie got up she was excited to go back to Hogwarts, see her friends. See Severus Snape, even though she knew that he was more interested in Lily. He would never look the way towards her as he did towards Lily. 

Dumbledore took her to the platform. The Hogwarts Express was ready to go. Katie spotted Lily soon. She screamed from happiness to see her best friend again. 'Lily!', she yelled. 'Katie!', yelled Lily back and they hugged each other. 

'Miss Evans', Dumbledore greeted her. 'Hello headmaster, did you had a good summer?', Lily asked. 'Yes I had, I hope you had a good one too miss Evans?', Dumbledore asked. 'I did had a good one, only to bad we couldn't meet up', Lily said. 'I'm sorry we couldn't, but my mom came to visit me, I only get to see her during summer time', Katie stated. 'I know, but come on we need to find ourselves a seat and find James and Sirius', Lily said. 

Katie looked at her dad who smiled. 'Go, be with your friends', Dumbledore said. 'Thanks dad, I'll see you at Hogwarts', Katie said and she hugged him and waved at him while running away with Lily hoping to find James and Sirius. 

'Lily', James said with a big smile and he kissed her as soon as he saw her. 'James, please not too much in public', Lily said awkwardly. 'Oh come on, don't hold back, it's our final year, we should enjoy it', Katie said. 'Well that's the spirit, does this mean I deserve a second chance?', Sirius said. 'Never', Katie replied. Sirius pouted. 

'James, Sirius', a voice peeped behind them. It was Peter Pettigrew. A small boy. A bit fat for his age though. 

'Ah Peter, there you are, I thought after six years of going to Hogwarts you would be able to find the Hogwarts express a bit faster', James said irritated. 'It was busy', Peter said defending himself. 'It's always busy', Sirius commented. 

Remus joined last. 'Sorry I'm late guys, my dad her didn't knew how to drive in London so we were a bit late, everyone this is my dad Lyall Lupin and my mom Hope Lupin', Remus said introducing his parents. 

'Hello nice to meet you, I'm Katie Holt', Katie introduced herself. 'Sirius Black, I'm the one who usually gets Remus in trouble', Sirius said grinning. 'Or me, I must add I'm not innocent in all the things we do at school, I'm James Potter by the way', James said. 

Lyall and Hope nodded friendly and shook everyone's hand. They hugged Remus and left. 'Nice people', Katie said. 'Thanks, I'm just glad they still want me after the whole hairy issue that I have', Remus said. 'So, they are your parents, they should love you no matter what, they were idiots if they don't Remus', Katie said. 'Katie is right Remus', Lily said. 

'Let's find ourselves a seat before the best once are taken', Sirius said. They dragged their trunks with them to find themselves a seat. Suddenly they bumped into someone.