Chapter 15

Severus was left out of the hospital very soon. Thank God. 'There is no way I'm going out on a full moon ever again', Severus said. 

'It will take some time for me too', Katie confessed. 

What Katie didn't knew was that next full moon Severus is going to observe Potter and his gang at the next full moon since he suspected something about the lots of them. 

A month passed by and they had to pass for their N.E.W.T's. Katie find them difficult. She excelled in DADA, Transfigurations and Potions. However she thought she was going to get a lesser grade for Herbology, since it was not in her nature to nurture plants of any kind, deadly or not. Charms class went okay, she produced a good Protean Charm (is a charm that links several objects together through a common purpose). 

With Potions class they had to produce a Polyjuice Potion. A very tricky potion which would take a lot of time. 

Katie recognized the ingredients who were placed before her. Fluxweed, Knottgrass, Lacewing flies and Leeches were the first step to put in the cauldron. Horn of the Bicon, Boomslang skin and the last part was to add someone else his hair to transform into that person. A very complex potion and in the exam she only had time to do step one. Her assignment was to explain the further steps so at least professor Slughorn knew that she knew the basics. 

The only thing that Katie was worried about was that her cauldron was going to explode. Lucky that didn't happened. 

She came outside sweating but hoping that her Potions exam went well. She had good hope for her N.E.W.T's.

Lily was next and she was waiting to get into the Potions exam. 'So how was it?', Lily asked. 'It was difficult, but I think it went okay', Katie said wiping off the sweat from her forehead. 

Professor Slughorn was calling Lily. 'Good luck girl', Katie whispered. 

Finally it was dinner time and they were discussing the N.E.W.T.'s and trying to guess whatever grade they would have. 

'I think I will get an Above Expectations for History of Magic, but I don't know how I was able to still focus on that subject with the professor being a ghost and so damn boring', James said. 

'I think I'll fail Herbology', Sirius said. 'Maybe an Acceptable?', Katie said questionable. 'I hope so', Sirius said. 

The remains of that month passed by quickly. The N.E.W.T.'s were over and the students could finally relax and enjoy the pretty weather. 

Severus knew that it was going to be a full moon and he suspected that Potter and his friends were keeping a secret from him which he intent to find out tonight. 

James was talking to Sirius about how bored he was. They hadn't done anything mischievously lightly and James wanted to do so again. 'We are way to soft on that broody person over there because he is with Katie, I honestly don't know what Katie sees in him', James said pointing at Katie and Severus who were snogging in a dark corner. 

'I don't know either', Sirius sighted looking to the woman who once stole his heart. 'You've been stupid to let her go, now she is in the arms of that slimy git, he needs to be teached a lesson', James hissed. 'How would you handle that?', Sirius said listening closely. 

'Did you know they slept together, Lily told me', James said disgusted by the thought. 'They what? What did he do to her, slipped a love potion or something, we never got to that point', Sirius said disappointed. 'Lighten up dude, we are going to change that', James said with a grin. 

The night came and a full moon would soon appear. Remus was going to hide in the Shrieking Shack. Not knowing he was being followed by Severus Snape. 

Severus was walking towards them. Careful so his shadow didn't betrayed him. He stayed hidden behind the bushes and saw Peter Pettigrew, James Potter, Sirius Black change in animagus form. 

Peter transformed into a rat, James a stag and Sirius a big black dog. What followed next was beyond Severus his understanding. He saw Katie and Lily walking towards Remus. He saw Katie hugging Remus and she patted him on his back. Jealousy hit him. She knew, she knew about the secret. Katie went too far with keeping this from him, especially when she had the opportunity to tell him about it when he was protecting her against the werewolf now named as Remus Lupin. He had never been so mad at anyone. 

He didn't needed to see what was going to happen next. He crawled out of the bushes and made his way back to the castle. Angry as hell. 

He waited until Katie returned. She was surprised to see him sitting on the steps. Katie wanted to hug him but Severus walked backwards to avoid her touch. 

'Right now, I don't want anything to do with you', Severus hissed. 'What? What's going on Severus', Katie asked worriedly. 

'You knew, you knew all along that Remus Lupin was the werewolf who attacked us!', he started to yell. 'Severus please', Katie begged. 

'He attacked us, he is a danger to you, to us and his friends who apparently turn into animagussen', Severus said angry. 

He was so furious. He couldn't remember the last time he was this angry. 

'Severus I... I wanted to tell you, but it isn't my secret to tell', Katie said. 'He attacked us Katie, you could have told me then, you choose to keep this from me', Severus said. 

Katie didn't knew what to say. 'I'm so sorry Severus, I didn't mean to keep you in the dark', Katie said and she wanted to touch him but he flinched again. Rage flashed over his face. 'Don't Katie, you've lost the right to touch me, I don't want to see you for a while, I'm sure you understand why', Severus said and he turned around and walked fast in the direction of the Slytherin common room. 

Katie couldn't believe what just happened. She understood why Severus was so angry, but was he angry beyond repair. Was their relationship doomed? 

Katie let the tears fall. She handled things wrong. She knew. Now she told Severus about her secret as being a mermaid, she now could only hope that Severus wouldn't tell her secret out of spite.