Chapter 18

After that big fight that Lily, Katie and Severus had they didn't talked to each other. They just ignorned each other. 

Both Lily and Katie were focused on the future. Lily said yes to James with living together. So they were looking to buy a house, if it was possible near the sea. They wanted to have Katie over for a visit as much as possible. 

Katie could appriciate Lily's effort to find a house near the sea. She also told Lily not to do it just for her, but also for herself. 

Katie however was a bit stressed about her future. What was going to happen when she was going into the ocean. What was going to happen if she is not going to study there. She knew what she wanted to do. She wanted to become a teacher. A teacher of any kind of magic. 

She talked to Albus about it a lot. He found it a good idea and felt that she was going to be a great teacher. He said to her that she was always welcome at Hogwarts to teach if she ever decided to come back. 

She knew that Albus was going to miss her when she was gone. She was going to miss him as well and so they decided to spend some quality time together in Hogsmeade and have a Butter beer in The Tree Broomsticks. Madame Rosmertha was always honored with their presence. 

'Well to your graduation', Dumbledore said raising his glass. Katie grinned. She almost forgot that she was about to graduate. 

'Thanks dad', Katie said. They drank their Butterbeer in silence. 'You must know, you always have a place with me, even when I'm not there', Dumbledore said. 'Thank you. And I just wanted to let you know, you've been a parent to me much more then my biological parents ever were. I consider you my dad', Katie said. 'That means the world to me', Dumbledore stated and he hugged her. 

They had dinner together and then walked back to the castle. Katie walked back to the Gryffindor common room to meet up with her friends. She finally decided to tell them the entire truth. To James, Sirius, Peter and Remus. She talked about it to Albus and he agreed that if they were true friends they would still accept her for who she is, not what she is. 

They were the last once at the fire place. Everyone else had gone to bed already. 'Thank you guys for waiting it out, because I have to tell you all something important, a big part of my life that you don't know, well Lily does know, but I haven't told you guys yet', Katie said. 

'Well then, spit it out', Sirius said. Katie grinned. 'I'm a mermaid', she said. Sirius and James looked at each other, Remus didn't seemed surprised. Peter was very surprised. 

'Your a what?', Peter peeped. 'Mermaid, you know, mystical creature, sitting on a rock, leading sailors into their grave, I actually never done anything like that, but I could', Katie said. 

'How come you only mentioned it to us now?', Sirius said. 'Because I had to tell you, it didn't felt right to leave otherwise', Katie said. 'Leave?', Remus said questionable. 

'I'm going to live in the ocean for a while, a long while. To get to know my biological mother better and to learn the ways of the life of a mermaid', Katie said. 

'I knew', Remus stated. 'Knew what?', Katie asked confused. 'That you were a mermaid. I have never mentioned it to you, but I once saw you diving into the Black Lake and turning into a mermaid', Remus said. 'Oh', Katie said. 

'We are not mad for you not telling us, but I have a question, why go to Hogwarts if you are a mermaid, don't you belong in the ocean then?', Sirius asked. 

'It was safer at the time, you already know about my dad being a death eather, so Hogwarts was safer for me then the ocean, but now I'm an adult, the magical trace is lost as you all know, Hogwarts is still safe enough for a while, but I can't stay there forever, so I must disappear into the ocean after school is over. I wanted to let you guys know so you will know where I am, that I'm not just gone', Katie said. 

Sirius nodded. 'So you have a crazy dad who you have your witch powers from and a mermaid mother, Albus Dumbledore is kind of your father as well', Sirius said. 

'That kind is about it, Albus has been much more of a father to me then my biological father ever was', Katie explained. 

Sirius hugged her suddenly. 'You will always be a part of us', he said. 'Even though I am a halfbreed?', Katie said. 'Maybe especially when your a halfbreed, look at us, Remus here is werewolf, we can turn into an animagus form, the only normal witch is Lily, she is a halfblood witch as well, so can we truely say that we are normal witches and wizards, no', Sirius said. 

'Sirius is right you know, we are all not normal in a way', James said smiling at her. 

They hugged each other. 'I'm glad you told us and that you didn't disappeared on us', Remus said. 

Lily smiled at her best friend. 'I told you that they would accept it', Lily said smiling. Katie could fall asleep easy now all of her friends finally knew the truth about her. She would never have to keep secrets from them again.