Chapter 1 - Two

It was late in Westwind but Hiro couldn't wait until the morning. He needed to get it done as quickly as possible to free Jewel from this monster. Hiro was busy packing his bag in the guest room. Jewel was there with him. He informed her about the whole plan just a couple seconds ago.

"Do you really have to do this, Hiro?" asked Jewel. She was concerned about the whole plan. It didn't sound safe to her. She didn't want to loose him.

"Yes, Jewel. This will get you free." Hiro looked at her for a second and then continued packing his bag.

"Fine. Let me help you," she sighed.

"Could you pack me some food then?" he asked.

Jewel went away for a bit and came back with some sandwiches she had put away in leaves that were in shape of a square. He smiled as she handed it over to him.

"I won't starve to death now," said Hiro laughingly.

"How about all the other ways to die?!" She almost cried. Jewel never had someone she truly cared about. Hiro was nicer to her in one night than most of the elves in her daily life did, including Orion.

Say it, Jewel...

No I can't..

Jewel let herself fall down on the bed. Hiro understood why she was being concerned but he was certain, he could do it.

"Jewel, are you forgetting that I'm the best assassin out there?"

She looked up, into his eyes. He looked away.

"Can't I be worried?" she asked kindly.

Hiro put down his bag on the ground and sat next to her on the bed. He put his arm close to her left thigh.

"Look.."

Jewel became nervous. She tried to hide it. He looked into her pink eyes.

"I'll be fine. I promise."

She lifted herself up. Her movement could almost make you peek into her dress. Jewel wore quite an exposing dress, gifted by Orion that she had to wear during Hiro's visit to please him. The dress was almost shining through, any elf-soldier, elf-man even, would happily see that but Hiro? He quickly looked the other way, again. Jewel touched his left shoulder.

"You promise?"

Hiro looked her way, he wanted to look into her eyes but somehow he couldn't.

"I promise you."

The elves awkwardly looked at each other. Hiro stood up before it went too awkward.

"Just like I promise, I'll get you out of here. Out of his hands.." He took out his blade. "Or should I cut them off while he's still asleep and we will run away from the rest of our lives?" He made Jewel laugh. Her laugh sounded so soft and kind.

She is adorable.

"Please, don't do that."

Hiro was shocked.

"Don't?!"

Jewel smiled like she had some kind of plan of her own.

"I want to do it myself, one day.." Jewel looked at him so innocent, yet so revengeful, he secretly loved it.

"Jewel, leave the dirty work to me. I insist."

-

Month 2, Day 6, 1518 A.E.

Eviona; Highland; High Hill

-

Every elf in the region of Highland gossiped about the ceremony. Avalon did everything in his power to shut down this gossip in High Hill, the protected area where the most of the remaining elves lived.