Chapter 1 - Death By The Victim

-

Month 2, Day 8, 1518 A.E.

Eviona; Highland; The Hills

-

The search party for Avalon left the inn. They walked around for a while hours, hours of silence. Blossom didn't say much nor did Cos. They even walked separately. Amethyst found that strange, dual the fact that Blossom and Cos always did literally everything together, including walking next to each other. She assumed something had happened between them, but nothing too big otherwise she would have notice it, Amethyst thought.

"I think, we will be there in perhaps two hours, if we keep this speed. But that's only what I estimate," said Cos while he was looking around. He saw far in the distance the beginning of the route they had to take order to get on the actual route they wanted to be at.

"Then we better keep it," Blossom said, sounding annoyed and cold. Cos rolled his eyes at her.

Do you really have to act like this?

- What Cos? Everything is fine.

"Blossom. Get out my head." Cos looked angry at her and even passed her within a few seconds. "I'm walking ahead until you stop acting like a child!"

"What's that supposed to mean, Blossom?" asked Amethyst kindly. She witnessed it all. Their tension was springing off.

"Nothing that concerns you, Thyst!"

"Don't act it out on me now, Blos. You're clearly being rude to both Cos and me now!" Amethyst wanted to pass her but Blossom grabbed her by her arm.

She sighed, "I'm sorry, little one. It's just..." Glancing at Cos, Blossom sighed again. Amethyst saw the way she looked at him. It was obvious.

"I should have opened the door."

Blossom smiled. The tears were in her eyes. She was about to cry, but then Blossom wiped away her tears. She sighed again.

"It's alright. We just have our," she saw Cos turning around, "..issues at the moment."

I can see that...

"But we won't let that ruin, finding our father," said Blossom rather optimistic.

"I wonder how he is. If he is still.." Amethyst dropped a tear.

"Don't finish that sentence," said Cos who had returned to them. "We will find your father." He touched Amethyst's shoulder. "It will be fine."

Blossom nodded, "Cos is right." she smiled.

-

"So, what will we do when we find him?" asked Amethyst as they got closer and closer to the route they had to take.

"Blossom and I will take out whoever is holding Avalon captive and you will free him. Does that sound good plan?"

Amethyst nodded, "Yes."

"I meant, does that sound good to you, Blossom?"

Blossom looked offended.

"You like to be the one in charge, Blos," laughed Amethyst.

"The plan is fine by me."

"The plan is fine by me!" mocked both Amethyst as Cos at the same time. They started laughing.

"Very funny. Very," said Blossom while rolling her eyes at them.

Cos high-fived Amethyst. He pet her forehead. Amethyst giggled.