Chapter 17 - Heart talk

In their flight the atmosphere were awkward and cold. No one speaks more than a sentence besides asking which seats are they taking. Jimin was seating with Taehyung, Jungkook and Hoseok, Jin and Suga, while RM with Vonne. They couldn't sleep at first, trying to check on each other to see if everyone's okay, especially Suga and Vonne. They dozed off after awhile, while Vonne continues to stare out from the window.

After they reached Singapore's airport, they walk in line as usual between securities control and headed towards their vehicle. RM and Jin were standing right next to Vonne when they reach the crowds. They stepped in to their vehicles and headed straight to the hotel. 
RM :"You're still mad at us Vonne?" he asks after observing her staring out the car window for some time. 
Vonne :"Why would I be? I know you're just trying to protect me" she replied while looking down blankly at her hands.
Jin :"And you didn't like it?"
Vonne :"No one doesn't like to be protected oppa, I'm a girl of course I feel safe being protected"
RM :"So why? Why did you act like that just now?"
Vonne :"I just... I'm the one who's suppose to be protecting you guys, not the other way round.."
Jin :"Vonne, did you not remember what we've told you before? I thought we promise each other to be honest and frank to one and another, and we told you that its not only you who should look after us, we should be looking after you too. Thats why we're a team, a family, isn't it?"
RM :"Vonne, by us taking care of you does not at all shows that you're not doing your duty well, does not make you any lesser than having a male manager beside us, you get it? We know what you might be thinking, and all along although you did not say or show out anything, but we somehow felt that you will compare yourself to a male manager. Like you should be doing what a male manager is suppose to do as well, is that so?"
Vonne just sits still with her head still looking at the floor.

RM :"Vonne we need you to know that you shouldn't be thinking this way. We can carry our bags, all along we have been carrying our personal belongings from day 1 since we've debuted. We can handle our safety, we've been through a lot like cases this morning, and we've been protecting each other as well, even Han got attacked by the fans before just to get to us, and we protected him as well. You're doing way better than some other managers in the industry, trust me Vonne, we've seen how other managers worked before. You're in fact doing a lot where others couldn't. So please, don't let your own insecurities and negative thoughts beat yourself up. We couldn't do it without you and we need you to know it"
Jin :"Also, we're guys Vonne, its normal for us to be protecting you when we saw you in danger"
Vonne :"But what does a manager do if she needs her members to protect her instead of her protecting them?" her tears rolled down silently as she spoke.
Jin :"Vonne...look at me" he says while holding her hands. "Like what Namjoon said just now, you shouldn't be thinking this way. Yes the crowds might think of that, but who cares? Its not your fault the fans budged in, they're getting too near of you and that's not safe, its never your fault that we came in to protect you too, no one forced or asked us to do it, so don't overthink alright? Overthinking could lead to depression, especially in our industry."
RM :"Jin's right Vonne. People will see and in fact they're starting to see the things that you did for us, and many are impressed Vonne, so just let everything go normal, don't overthink and over-stress yourself, then everything would be fine"

Jin and RM gave her a hug and pat her back when they saw her tears streaming down and have her to cry out as they could feel she's been holding everything back for some time. They were heartbroken seeing her like this, but glad that she manage to let out a little. After awhile as she calm down a little they were almost near to the hotel, they started getting ready to get off the vehicle.
Jin :"Suga didn't mean it back at the airport just now"
Vonne :"I know... I'm not mad at him either, I just didn't want to get any further to the arguement, I'm planning to talk to him later at the hotel"
RM :"You need us to be there?"
Vonne :"No its alright, I can handle it myself don't worry"
Jin :"Just let us know if you need anything alright?"
She nods with a smile and they get down from the vehicle with their belongings and Vonne went to proceed with the room check-in producers.