Sick!Kokichi X Shuichi

Before I start this just know I realize that Kokichi warms up to Shuichi fast, I blame it on the sickness :)

Btw I have a thing for making the characters sick I don't know why

Shuichi's POV

Shuichi poked at his food instead of eating. It looked tasty, but Shuichi wasn't in the mood for a meal. It had been a while since Kaede's execution, and it seemed it had affected him ever since. Don't get him wrong, he didn't have feelings towards her, quite the opposite, but she had shown him not to hide from the truth. This ended in her execution, though, and at first he couldn't help blaming himself. He was over it. He had to continue on anyways.

He sighed and got up, about to leave to his dorm. That is, until he heard a cough from behind him. He turned around to see who it had been,  or noticing someone walk into the kitchen due to his extreme thinking session.

"Hi Saihara-cough-Chan," Kokichi ended his sentence with a groan due to the fact his cough interrupted him. He wasn't as 'lively' as usual, and didn't spit as many lies as he usually would right now.

The detective's face became puzzled, but he quickly got rid of that look before speaking.  "H-Hi Kokichi.. breakfast is pretty much over, did you sleep through the morning announcement?"

"Nishishi, so what if I did? Or did I get breakfast alrea-cough-dy-cough," Kokichi started having a coughing fit. Panicked, Shuichi speed-walked over to him and bent down with Kokichi, holding his shoulder and patting his back. Kokichi had his hands on his knees, panting by the time he stopped coughing so much.

"Are you okay?" Shuichi asked him, looking at the small leader with concerned eyes.

"Yeah- th-thanks.." Kokichi muttered, out of breath and tired. He looked up at Shuichi who just continued to stare at him, like he was trying to solve a case.

Kokichi blushed awkwardly, and laughed sheepishly. "Nishi.. w-what is it?"

Shuichi put his palm on Kokichi's forehead, and immediately took it off, a bit shocked by how hot it was.

"I'm pretty sure you have a fever, Kokichi." Shuichi stood back up, still looking at Kokichi waiting for a response. Kokichi blankly stared at him for a second, but then quickly processes what Shuichi just said and turns around to walk away.

"Nope! Supreme leaders don't get fevers, let alone get si-wAH!" Shuichi grabbed Kokichi's wrist and looked at him that told Kokichi he wasn't buying it.

Kokichi looked away, and started to feel dizzy. He tried to pull away, but rigged too hard and started to fall back. Luckily, Shuichi hadn't let go, and he pulled Kokichi up to his chest.

Shuichi blushed at the contact, not realizing what he was doing beforehand. He sighed, brushing it off and picked Kokichi up like a child, supporting him with his arm underneath the small boy, and one on his back.

Kokichi was too weak to do anything, and let his body go limp. His head was resting on Shuichi's shoulder, and he lazily looked the opposite way over Shuichi's back as he walked to the dorms.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Shuichi fumbled with his keys as he tried opening the door to his dorm.  He opens it and shuts it behind him. Everyone had seemed to be outside at the pool, in their dorms, or somewhere else that neither him nor Kokichi had crossed. He brings Kokichi to his bed, and sets him down on it gently.

The leader looks up at him confused, like he'd just woken up. He didn't fall asleep, but his mind blanked again as he was being carried by Shuichi.