Despair Disease- Sick! Shuichi x Sick! Kokichi

In this version of the story, Kaede killed Ryoma on accident and not Rantaro, because the poor boy deserves not to be dead right away. This also allows the next murder not to take place so thats why this motive happened. Also both are sick wowie ok let's goooo

No ones POV

It had been a while after Ryoma and Kaede died. Monokuma had been getting impatient,  and sprung a new motive on everyone.

"Puhuhu! Report to the dining hall!~"

"Ugh, what this time," Kokichi crosses his arms with a pout, refusing to move with everyone else. Everyone groaned, but reluctantly walked in the direction of the dining hall.

Shuichi lagged behind, waiting up for Kokichi. "Come on Kokichi, we need to go see what Monokuma wants."

Kokichi lowered his arms, and gave in. "Fine.. but only because you asked so nicely."

Shuichi smiled and they walked side by side to the dining hall.

"Seeing as you guys haven't been doing much.. killing, I'm going to have to set a new motive! Puhuhu!~"

"Just tell us what it is so we can get it over with and leave," Kaito steps forward, glaring at the bear.

"Sure thing! This motive is Despair Disease!~ 6 out of 14 of your current classmates will get a disease, specific to them! They won't act like themselves. Of course, there will still be truth in what they say and do, just they act on it this time!"

Kokichi froze, trying not to show his terror. 'Well I'd better hope I don't get a disease.. the truth is what I hate most!'

"Before you ask, the disease will activate once everyone is asleep! Good luck~"

Kokichi left to go and run to his room, but something stopped him. Shuichi had grabbed his arm, and looked at him with concerned eyes.

"Kokichi. Are you okay? You've been acting different." Suddenly scared by his own words, he dropped Kokichi's and and put his hands to his own face, and shook his head in disbelief. "God I hope you didn't get the disease already.."

Kokichi's eyes softened a bit, and even he was surprised he let his guard down. He put back on his normal look, and shrugged it off. Of course, it was still noticed by the ultimate detective. "Of course I'm okay! I'm the ultimate supreme leader. If you hadn't noticed, we don't get sick!"

Shuichi decided to let it go for now. "Whatever you say.. I'm gonna go sleep. It's almost time for the night announcement anyways."

Kokichi didn't say anything, but just headed in the same direction. Shuichi understood he was going to do that too, and gave him a small nod. Kokichi waved to him with a small, genuine smile. Shuichi waved too, and said goodnight with a caring and concerned tone.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

(If you're confused, Kokichi's despair disease was just a lot of different 'diseases' . Flu, strep, and ear infection. This hurts bad with one of these, but all three? No thanksss)

As morning rolls around, Kokichi wakes up freezing. It didn't help that he was small. He had a headache, and his ear was killing him. His jaw was numb on the right side of his face, like his right ear. His throat felt bad, but it seemed Monokuma took pity on him with that. It was the thing that didn't hurt that much, but enough to make him annoyed.