Kisses

Chapter 4 - Kisses

 "No, Amy you can't hang it like that."

"Why not? It's not like we're designing a professional blanketfort. We're making this, so your parents will leave us alone for a bit.' 

The blanket that Amy had just fixed to a chair, came free and dropped pathetically to the floor. Karma groaned and crouched down, trying to fix what Amy had done.

The added noise of frustration only served to make Amy laugh more, which made Karma huff. 

Amy smirked, and glanced over at Karma, trying hard not to see how cute she was when she was frustrated.

It was a Saturday, and they had both just decided to take a weekend out from the camera, and just be best friends again. Of course Amy didn't have a problem with this, but she did miss being able to just lean over and press a kiss to Karma's soft pink lips. 

Biting her lower lip firmly, Amy returned to rebuilding the failed blanket fort. A few grumbles later, and they both had made a successful blanket fort.

Using some hooks from the ceiling, they managed to attach a blanket to it. They used chairs and endless pillows to make it comfortable. Soon the blanketfort nearly took up the whole room. Karma never liked to do things by half. 

Standing back, Amy grinned over at Karma. 

"We did it. I feel strangely proud. Like a parent..except I don't want kids..' she trailed off lamely, while Karma chuckled and tugged her best friend under the safety of the many colour blankets she owned. 

                                                                                         .....

"So, this feels a lot different from when we used to do this as kids." Amy murmured, not sure if it was the fact that they were older, or that they had made out numerous times. 

Karma shrugged and shifted over and grasped Amy's hand. Her fingers ran over the soft skin, while she waited for the blonde to meet her gaze.

"Let me read your palm, my mom was teaching me some new methods of palm reading, while you were still sleeping." 

Tracing down the soft lines on Amy's palm, the blonde watched carefully as Karma murmured to herself, as she took in all the 'facts'.

"So, Miss Ashcroft, what is my future like? Do I have even more food themed clothing?" Amy smirked, and bit back a laugh as Karma lightly smacked her on the arm. 

"Don't mock it. It might have some truth. Something tells me that you are in for a major cosmic shift."

Karma glanced up from the palm reading, and raised an eyebrow. 

"Something big is going to happen to you." She added. "I wonder what that could be.."

Amy kept quiet. She couldn't believe that Karma couldn't work it out. She half wanted to shout from the rooftops 'It's you dummy! You're the major cosmic shift!' 

Instead, she scoffed and shook her head. "I bet it's nothing."

Karma traced over the lines again, and glanced up at her friend. "I don't think it's nothing. I think whatever it is, it's going to be amazing."

Swallowing, the auburn haired girl looked away, not noticing the way Amy was gazing at her. If she had kept her gaze on her friend, she would have noticed the way Amy's eyes would glaze over, the way her breath would hitch, and how her smiles would get impossibly brighter.

It was impossible trying to ignore the stirrings in her lower stomach whenever she glanced at her friend. It was like Karma was the sun, beautiful, but blinding.