Prom Part 1

Chapter 10 - Prom Part 1

"Fuck..Lauren I don't think I can do this." Amy groaned, dropping her head into her hands. 

The blonde was sat at her desk in her room, trying her best to plan out a surprise for Karma. Prom was only a few days away, and so Amy had decided to ask her, formally to prom. She had in trusted Lauren, as the chair of the prom committee, to try and help her. But so far, the taller blonde, had had no ideas. 

It was frustrating. She wanted everything to be perfect for Karma. Her girlfriend deserved the best, and Amy didn't want to disappoint. The whole school expected something extravagant from her, which only added to the pressure. It wasn't like any of the students at Hester had a say in the matter, but it was obvious that this story would be on the school's news letter. Vasti Nadira had been bugging Amy for a while, trying to get her to spill the beans on how she was going to ask Karma to prom, and it had been doing her head in. 

Rolling her eyes, Lauren continued brushing her hair, until she was sure it was knot free. "Yes you can. Amy you don't even need to do anything massive. In fact something simple might do the trick." 

In the past couple of days, Lauren and Amy had been getting closer as sisters. It was still strange not fighting with her on a daily basis, but it was something Amy could get used to. Her 'sister' was currently sat on the edge of her bed, absentmindedly plaiting a few strands of her long blonde hair. 

Sitting up, Amy cleared a space on her desk and began to write down some notes on a spare piece of note paper. 

Since her and Karma had been friends for over ten years, there were plenty of places that were special for the pair. 

There was the park where they would have picnics in the summer. Karma's back garden where they had tried, and failed, to make a tree house, with Karma's older brother Zen. The school roof, where they would go and get away from the annoying people at their school. 

The list was practically endless, which made things so much more harder. 

"I would say go to the place you first met, but you can't exactly go to your old kindergarten class and ask her there..." Lauren trailed off, unknowingly giving Amy the perfect idea. 

Biting her lower lip, Amy turned to face Lauren and grinned at her, causing the smaller blonde to shift uncomfortably on the bed. 

"I know exactly what I'am going to do. But I may need some help, from you and Shane."

Lauren sighed and nodded, knowing that she would never hear the end of it, if she didn't help Amy out. She wasn't too pleased about working with Shane Harvey, but she would get over that, after all this was a favour for a  new family member. 

"Fine, but don't expect me and Mr Rainbow flag to be best friends." 

                                                                          ....

It turned out getting permission to go to the preschool was a lot harder than Amy had originally thought. She had given up the idea of actually asking her in the classroom, as that obviously wasn't going to happen. But, the blonde really did want everything to be special. The place she was going to ask Karma had to be special for the both of them. 

Thinking for a moment, Amy let her mind wander back to when they were much younger and things were simple and sweet. Her and Karma would play together everyday at the preschool. They would paint pictures of each other, and in turn get paint everywhere. Farrah had never been pleased to see the pair of them covered in red paint, but Molly would simply smile at the pair and give them a bath in natural soaps.