Step Sister

Chapter 9 - Step Sister

Amy had woken up with a start. The loud ringing of her phone had brought her out of a lovely dream, that just so happened to involve a beautiful girl with auburn hair, and hazel eyes. 

Sighing to herself, Amy reached over with groan and swiped her thumb over the screen. She knew who it was even before she had grabbed her phone. No one else would ring her this early in the morning. No one else dared to. Smiling Amy pulled the phone to her ear and closed her eyes. 

"Did I wake you up, sleepyhead?" Even early in the morning, Amy could detect that Karma was teasing her, the girl could practically hear the smirk in her voice. If Karma was going to tease her, then she would tease her right back. 

Yawning, Amy sat up, and stretched out, arching her back as she did so. A low groan emitted from her lips, following a soft sigh.

"Yes, you did. But I don't mind. It was time to get up anyway."

There was a brief silence on the other side, before Karma spoke again.

"I love how husky your voice is in the morning, Aims..it's quite sexy." 

Hearing Karma's breath hitch, Amy chuckled softly and climbed out of bed. It was far too easy to tease Karma. She didn't even need to try half the time, sadly, Karma could rattle her up just as badly. 

"Yeah? Well you don't sound so bad either. In fact..you sound like you're rather enjoying hearing me talk. Do you have anything to tell me? A little secret you've been hiding perhaps?"

Over the phone Amy heard Karma make a 'humph' sound, which only made her chuckle again. Deciding to change the subject, Amy picked out a simple combination of clothes and went to the bathroom to turn the hot water on. 

"Are you meeting me at the bus stop?"

"Of course I will, I need to give you your morning present." In the background Amy could hear Karma humming to herself. She must have been working on a new song. It was almost magical watching Karma in her element; writing songs. 

Amy loved those moments when Karma would just hum simple tunes under her breath. She found it rather endearing that her best friend was so gifted musically. 

"Oh? Sounds good. I'll pick your favourite drink up on the way." Amy murmured, leaning against her bedroom door. 

She had wanted to say a lot more, but Karma's mother; Molly had interrupted their conversation by bringing Karma some homemade herbal tea. She had claimed that it was good for the soul, whether it was or not Amy didn't know. 

"My mom thinks that you should come over for dinner tonight, which only means one thing..."

Oh fuck. 

Amy groaned. She had already been given the talk once before, from her mother Farrah. It had been the worse experience of her life. There had been a packet of condoms, a small bottle of lube, and even some birth control pills waiting on the kitchen table for her. That was one Saturday she would never forget.