Distance

Chapter 5 - Distance 

It was Wednesday, and Amy hadn't spoken to Karma since the weekend. She needed space to breath, to think. Her friend had been taking up all her time, which made it impossible for her to work out what they were going to do yet. 

That didn't mean that it didn't kill Amy not to spend time with her. They had been best friends since they were in kindergarten, and had hardly spent any time apart before. The last time they had been apart this long, was when Karma had caught chicken pox when she was six. Amy had been heart broken, and had missed Karma so much. 

Karma had been doing the same thing, keeping to herself. She still saw Amy around, and she still smiled at her, and gave her a chaste kiss to keep up their ruse. Still, something felt off about them, and sure enough the whole school sensed that the relationship was ending. 

Amy didn't care what people thought. It was just idle gossip, nothing more. She still wanted Karma more than anything, but they did need time apart. She had spoken to Shane and even he had agreed with her. They needed their space. 

The blonde was more than happy to give Karma time to herself. What she wasn't happy about, was the fact that Karma had started speaking to Soleil.

The most attractive girl at Hester. 

Amy didn't like that one bit. 

                                                                                    .....

Amy had first seen them together in her first class of the day. As soon as she had walked in through the door, she felt a welling of frustration build inside her. 

Soleil was sitting in her seat, which was right next to Karma. They were laughing together, completely engrossed in their own little world. 

Amy gritted her teeth and tried her best to ignore how Karma didn't even glance over at her. It hurt a lot. Karma Ashcroft was complicated enough, but she would never do this. 

The thought that Karma might be trying to play it cool, briefly crossed her mind, but Amy soon shook it away. Why in the hell would Karma try and play it cool with her? It wasn't like the auburn haired girl had feelings for her. 

All through her morning classes, Amy had been trying to figure out what Karma was playing at. Every solution that she came across she gave up on. It was like she didn't know Karma at all. 

And fuck that hurt a lot more than it should.

Karma was maybe just a girl to everyone else, but she wasn't to Amy. She was her entire world. Everything was Karma Ashcroft. Every good or happy memory she had contained her. Karma haunted her brain, her bones, the air that she breathed and finally her heart. 

Leaning back in her seat Amy mused to herself. Of course it made sense that she had fallen in love with her best friend. How could she not?