CHAPTER 12 (BETHANY)

I slowly make my way to the pool in my blue one piece and spot Brooke along the way. 'Hey Brooke!' she hurriedly looks up, and relaxes when she sees me, giving me a small smile back. She seems anxious and I immediately know why, 'Look, if you don't want to-' she smiles sadly but cuts me off.
'It's about time I got over it. Anyway, it wasn't the water's fault, I knew what I was doing ' we continue to walk in silence. I excitedly wave at the others as we get there and I sprint off. Jason realises what I'm doing but he's a little late, I jump and curl up into a ball.
'Cannonball!' I hear him scream like a little girl before I come crashing down into the water, sending up a large plume of water before submerging the two of us completely. We both suddenly leap out like two volcanoes erupting. We all burst out laughing.

As we sit on the edge of the pool, I look out at the scenery. Tall glistening tower blocks rise around us, each window now shining with a light. The dull wintry mountains tower over the surrounding land. I silently wonder what it's like out there. Jason slides up to me and squeezes my hand in his. This is probably the closest I've ever been to my brother, we just sit and hold each other's hands. I smile to myself as we watch the stars slowly appear. Suddenly, I feel two big arms wrap around me.

I gasped until I realised that it was Albie. I smiled and turn around to hug him back, only to fall into the water. I let out a squeal as I fell but he kept holding onto me. We both burst out laughing as I flipped him over with a little difficulty. Every resident is required to take combat classes three times a week, nobody has ever really questioned why. Albie glares at me as I smile innocently.

'Since when can you flip a 300 pound dude?' Jason enquired as we headed back to the Halls. I grimace at him, gently punching his arm, causing him to feign shock and back up against a wall. I roll my eyes 
'You are such an idiot' he grimaces back and pulls a key out of his pocket.
'Welp, this is me' he grins as he points to a dark wooden door with the number 24 made of metal nailed onto it. I also pointed to the identical door opposite with a metal 23 on it. He smiled warmly at me and ruffled my hair before entering his room.

A/n.

So this is the end of Bethany's pov and I hope you are enjoying the story so far. Comment to tell me who your favourite character is and maybe... I might do a little Q/A on the characters, etc. Let me know. Thanks for reading!!! 😊