CHAPTER 20 (ALBIE)

A/n
I know it's been a long time but here I am with the next chapter!!!

'Remember to call me as soon as you get there' I said, placing another kiss on my sister's head and hugging her tightly.
'Don't tell me you're worried about me!' she smiles, brushing away a long braid of raven black hair out of her face and letting the sun shine on her chocolate skin. I rolled my eyes.
'Come on, Ev, why can't I worry about my baby sister going to college?' she laughed. I knew I'd miss that laugh, a sound that melted my heart.
'You're not my dad, you know?' she said as she rolled her eyes, I smiled sadly. Ever since we ended up in the system, I had taken care of her almost as if I was.

As I walked down the street I smiled to myself sadly, my little sister was all grown up. Then I heard it, the screams. I ran as fast as I could until I reached the large building. Opening the door cautiously, I began to make my way through the corridors. There was a loud bang, 'God dammit!' I muttered as I saw what had caused the noise. A figure was stood in a classroom, towering over the people huddled together on the floor. Their long hair peeking out from under the dark ski mask covering their face. The cowering children looked at me as another bang sounded. A girl fell to the ground whimpering in pain, her scarlet hair lacing her shoulders and her bright green eyes staring right into mine. I couldn't let anyone else get hurt! Rushing forward, I tackled the attacker to the ground, we struggled for a while until the next gun shot rang out.

I froze, we both stared at each other in shock as we silently wondered which one pulled the trigger. I rolled off them and lay on the floor, gasping for breath. A small tore through the air, finally bringing me back from the shock. I looked down at my chest, my hands drenched in blood, my blood. Eventually, the pain disappeared and I heard shouting and gasps of relief. I slowly looked at the girl with the green eyes, watching them slowly losing focus. I managed to say one more thing: 'Ev-Evelyn'. The lights began to go off, gradually getting dimmer and dimmer. I heard someone yell at me to stay awake but I was too tired.

A/n
So... there you have it. It's very depressing and I hate myself now. Have a nice day!!! 😊