sans.

{A/N: I TOLD YOU I WOULD BE BACK ON A REGULAR SCHEDULE AND GUESS WHAT HERE'S YOUR FUCKING CHAPTER ENJOY}

The door shut behind us as we left. Immediately, a harsh coldness washed over us like a slap, prickling in my nose and eyes. We were not dressed for this weather, but at least I had a coat, albeit a thin trench coat.

There were some snow-covered bushes off to the side, and a path in front of us with bare trees looming overhead. I caught a glimpse of something in the bushes.

It...it looks like a camera? What the fuck is this doing here?

"Hey guys? I think there's a camera in the bushes." I said, waving them over with a hand as I kneeled down, wincing as the cold snow met my knees.

"Okay, that's weird..." Natsuki mumbled, shoving me out of the way slightly as she tapped on the camera lens. "We should probably get going, though."

"The door back to the RUINS is locked!" Sayori chimed in, pulling on the door for extra emphasis.

I got off of my knees quickly, shivering as I wiped snow off of my knees with a cold hand.

"It seems like the only way to go is by following this path." Yuri commented, taking a step onto the path. "The trees are blocking all the other ways and, as Sayori discovered, the door is locked."

We all nodded, and walked down the path next to each other. I glanced behind me for a second and I could have sworn I saw somebody walking behind us. I still can't shake the feeling that someone was watching us in the snowy silence.

A stick lay ahead of us. We didn't walk on it, but as we walked away I heard a very distinct crack! that sounded just like a stick breaking.

We walked a bit longer, stopping in front of a small bridge with a shabbily-built gate. The bars were very much too wide, but before we could step through it, someone approached us from behind.

"H u m a n." A voice said from behind us. We all froze in fear, not even turning around as the voice continued. "D o n ' t   y o u   k n o w   h o w   t o   g r e e t   a  n e w  p a l? T u r n   a r o u n d   a n d   s h a k e   m y   h a n d." The voice commanded. We turned around to come face-to-face with a short, shadowy figure with its hand extended. I took a shaky step forward and gritted my teeth. I shook its hand reluctantly, only to be greeted with a grinning skeleton shaking my hand, a whoopee cushion in his hand as it let out a loud pffffftttttt (not sure if you can tell but I have no idea how to write a fart.

"heheh...the old whoopee cushion in the hand trick." the skeleton chuckled, our hands still entwined in an awkward handshake. I could hear Natsuki and Sayori snickering in the background. "it's ALWAYS funny. anyways, you're a human, right?"
I nodded, my eyes narrowed slightly in suspicion.
"that's hilarious. i'm sans. sans the skeleton."

"I'm Monika. Monika the human." I responded curtly, letting go of his hand finally.

"i'm actually supposed to be on watch for humans right now. but...y'know...i dont really care about capturing anybody." He paused, although he didn't seem to be done. "now my brother, papyrus...he's a human-hunting FANATIC."

My blood ran cold. Were we going to be killed by this 'Papyrus'? And why were these skeletons named after fonts? 

"hey, actually, I think that's him over there. i have an idea. go through this gate thingy."

I backed up from him hesitantly.

"yeah, go right through. my bro made the bars too wide to stop anyone."

"Are you taking us to your brother?" Sayori asked nervously. He didn't respond, yet we all moved through the 'gate' together. 

"quick, behind those conveniently-shaped lamps."

There were four lamps next to each other, all very conveniently shaped for our body types. Sayori's was first, then Natuski, then Yuri, then me.

Almost instantaneously after we placed ourselves behind the lamps, a tall skeleton wearing - what looks to be - a gaudy Halloween costume

"sup, bro?" Sans asked nonchalantly.

"YOU KNOW WHAT 'SUP,' BROTHER!" Who we assumed to be Papyrus shouted. Was he mad or just loud? "IT'S BEEN EIGHT DAYS AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T...RECALIBRATED. YOUR. PUZZLES!" Puzzles? Were we going to have to solve puzzles in this game?
"YOU JUST HANG OUTSIDE YOUR STATION! WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING?!?"

"staring at this lamp. it's really cool. do you wanna look?" Sans commented, glancing over to us. What was he trying to do? Papyrus couldn't be as thick-headed as to not notice us so...was Sans trying to get us noticed?

"NO!! I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT!! WHAT IF A HUMAN COMES THROUGH HERE?!?! I WANT TO BE READY!!" Papyrus stomped his foot comically while he said that. It almost made me laugh.
"I WILL BE THE ONE! I MUST BE THE ONE! I MUST CAPTURE A HUMAN!! THEN, I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL GET ALL THE THINGS I DESERVE!"

{A/N: Heyyyyy happy Sunday! I'm sticking to the schedule, hoorah! I do have an announcement though: I may start updating more frequently. Maybe on Wednesdays or Thursdays, because I actually finished this chapter earlier than today so...it's kind of boring just being like 'Oh, I'm going to write the next chapter! Oh no, I already did that.' And no, I'm not going to make the chapters in advance because I've learned that when I do that I start to lose interest in the story for some stupid reason! So yea! Expect more frequent updates (maybe).

Word Count: 984

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE YOU AMAZING GRAPEFRUITS