Part Six: O Filakas Ton Biblion

Maggie leant over the table, coming closer to me. She dropped her voice and looked me dead in the eyes. "So I was sitting there...barbecue sauce on my titties..."

......

.....

......

I'm just fucking with y'all the video on Twitter SENT me 😂😂😂😂💀 On to the story now.

***

/ˈbʊkkiːpə/
(noun)
- A person whose job is to keep records.

***

I'm sure we're all familiar with the story of the Sun and the Moon. The old myth, states that before becoming the celestial objects that we see today, the Moon and the Sun were terrestrial creatures. The Sun was a beautiful young lady, while the Moon was a brave hunter.

They met and they fell in love.

But it wasn't as simple as that. Not all love stories are as they make it seem in the movies, sometimes tragedy strikes and there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop that.

Some days you're gonna wish that you could stop loving them, because maybe it would be able to save you from heartache.

Some days you're going to wish that you could be able to forget about them, but it's not always as easy as that. How can you forget about someone who you once loved and held so dear to your heart?

It's never as easy as that.

***

"Hey, Lauren," Elena greeted me as she took a seat. "I'm so sorry I'm late. I got held up with my dad for a bit."

I smiled politely at her. Since I turned Elena down the last time she had asked to grab something to eat, I couldn't help but feel extremely horrible for doing that, like the guilt was literally tearing me apart on the inside.

So go quell my guilt, I had invited her out for some coffee.

"That's okay. I wasn't waiting here that long or anything." I told her so she wouldn't feel bad about being late. "If you don't mind, I placed your order before you came." I slid her a cup and a plate with some pastries. If my memory served me correctly, these were her favourites.

She took a sip of her drink and sighed in content. "I'd ask you how'd you know how I liked my coffee but I think we already know the answer to that."

"You ordered the same thing, literally every time that we went out together. It's kinda hard to forget."

I didn't know exactly why Elena had a sudden change of heart and wanted to spend time with me, but needless to say, I wasn't against it.

She was always good company.

"So," Elena rested her elbows on the table and looked at me. "How have you been? Like really been?"

I shrugged. I didn't want to bore her with my feelings, but besides that, I had been good. My life had finally been looking up and I was happy with who I was and my life at the moment.

"I really can't complain, if I'm being honest. Things have been fine," I smiled and she returned the gesture. I don't know, but for some strange reason, my heart reacted in a way it used to when she had smiled at me when we were dating. But I decided to shake it off. "What about you? Is everything okay at home? I remember you said you were dealing with some stuff."