Part Seven: Family

(A/N) I am back my adoring public 🤧 Finals were murdering my ass, but I am alive 😌

***

Family /ˈfamɪli,ˈfam(ə)li/
(noun)
-A group consisting of two parents and their children living together as a unit.

***

Dear Diary,

I believe you. Whatever it is that's happening, I believe that it's Aphrodite and her doing. I feel crazy for doing so, but everything seems to make so much sense. I mean, Octavia could just be some crazy woman but everything she said...I don't know why, but I believe it. Lexa seems to believe it too.

Then, what caught me off guard was that when I mentioned Camila to Octavia, she seemed to know her. I didn't, not even once, mention that she was Greek until Octavia brought it up. Speaking of Camila, I hadn't seen her in a while. We did occasionally text back and forth, but I understood that she was busy with the restaurant. I had to admit however, I did miss her.

Intensely.

I missed talking to her, even though we didn't necessarily talk about anything per say. Maggie had told me recently, that Camila's mother would be visting soon, and for some strange reason, I was a bit nervous. Its not like anything was happening between Camila and I, but I wanted her mother to like me. I knew that her family meant everything to her; though I hadn't met her father as yet, they were both really close. I just wanted to make an impression on her family.

I wanted to make an impression on her.

Love, Lauren.

"Hey, bestfriend," Lexa plopped onto the seat opposite me. I was currently in the library. Initially, I was supposed to be studying for an exam that I had soon, but I felt drawn to the journal and I couldn't help but write. "Whatcha doing?"

I closed my journal, and flipped open the novel I was supposed to be reading. "I'm trying to study."

"Mhm," Lexa smirked at me. "I saw you scribbling away to your heart's content in there. But don't worry, I won't ask to read anything. I bet they're embarrassing." She cleared her throat and looked me deep in the eyes. "O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou, Romeo?!"

I bit back and laugh and shook my head. I didn't think that Lexa would've been so chill with the idea of the journal and all these Greek stuff. If I did, I might have told her about it a lot sooner. "Sometimes I truly wonder why we're friends."

"I honestly believe the stars aligned and thus put us in each other's path," she reached over the table and took my hand. "My life wouldn't be the same without you."

"Don't get sappy on me, Comandeur. I'd cry. Don't test me."

Lexa laughed and tapped my novel. "Get to reading. I'd just be here staring at you until you're finished." She propped herself up with her hands and actually began staring at me.

"....You're weirding me out, Lex," I groaned. "What are you doing here, anyway?"

My bestfriend shrugged her shoulders and grabbed one of my books and began to flip through it. "I don't know. My class was cancelled and I'm pretty bored. So I said why not annoy you?" She grinned at me. "But I was wondering something..."