Part Twelve: I Get To Love You

Love /lʌv/
(noun)
-An intense feeling of deep affection.

***

They say unrequited love may be the hardest form of love to ever exist.

You care too much, you wish too much and you love too much for someone who doesn't share the same feelings as you.

And it hurts.

You want them to know how you feel, but deep down, or well, not that deep, you're scare to tell them because you're almost certain, positive even that you would get torn apart by the impending sharp rejection.

It hurts because you want them to care for you the way that you care for them. Just a bit of care is all that you're yearning for.

It hurts because the little things that happen between the two of you are so important to you, but to them? These things are seen as trivial, nothing worth spending another second thinking about it.

And do you want to know what the worst part is?

They don't even know that they're hurting you...every single day.

That was my fear, that she wouldn't love me the way that I love her. Sure, love wasn't something shared between us as yet but if we were destined to be together, love was something that would happen in the future.

I don't think that I would ever be able to come back from a heartbreak, if she were to ever tear my heart out of my chest, because I wasn't what she wanted anymore.

"Camila," Raven opened the door to my home before I could even place my hand on the doorknob. "Where were you?" She stepped to the side allowing me in. One look at my facial expression and Raven was smart enough to know that something was up. "What happened? Are you okay? Say something."

She didn't even wait for me to answer any questions, as she shot them one behind the other at me.

I took a seat on the couch, placing my books on the coffee table, Raven standing directly in front of me, looking at me in concern.

"I-I..." I stuttered, trying to find the words. "I met her, Raven." I said it softly, not even believing it myself. "When our hands touched, I felt a literal spark. It was her."

Raven took a seat next to me, reflectively reaching for my hand. "But what about the journal? Isn't that supposed to be the whole point behind this love story?"

I shrugged out of my jacket, Raven releasing my hand, allowing me to do this. "I just bumped into her, I mean. But it was her. I didn't really get a good look at her." I took Raven's hand in mine. "She touched me, Ray Ray....when her hand brushed against mine, I knew it was her. And her voice...I would recognise that anywhere." I said with a small smile gracing my lips. I can't believe that I'm so close to meeting her. "Fuck!" I exclaimed happily.

"I just hope that she's nice, and treats you well," my best friend told me after we had fallen into a comfortable silence. "You deserve nothing less than perfection, Camila." She smiled at me, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead, she pulled me up and guided me towards my bedroom. "Get some rest, there'll be more time to talk about this in the morning."

I nodded. It was only at the mention of getting some rest, I let out a stifled yawn. That run in I had with her must've tired me out more than I had expected. "Good night, Ray Ray. I love you."

Raven smiled. "Night, Camila. Sweet dreams."

She didn't have to say that she loved me back, because it was clear as day in her eyes.