Part Eight: Eros

Eros / i:ro:s /
(noun)
-The god of love, son of Aphrodite.

***

Narrator's POV

"Camila," Lauren uttered the woman's name as soon as she opened the door to her penthouse. "I'm confused. There's so much weird shit that's going on and I'm so freaking confused."

Camila kinked an eyebrow at Lauren, not quite sure where this conversation was going. "It's always a pleasure to see you, Laur, but...what are you rambling on about?"

The woman who Lauren had met at the park stepped into Camila's view, she immediately wrapped the woman in her arms.

"Camila..." she pulled away and examined her daughter at arm's length. "I didn't think it was physically possible for you to get more beautiful, but you proved me wrong. Time and time again."

"I thought you weren't going to be here until a couple more hours?" Camila asked her mother, completely oblivious to the fact that Lauren was confused about the entire situation. "Dad already arranged for someone to pick you up. You could've called."

Anitta waved her hand to dismiss the conversation. "I'm here aren't I? And besides, your friend...Lauren..." she casted her glance on the girl as she entered her daughter's home. "...was there to keep me company."

"Can someone explain to me how your mother knew who I was? Where I was?" Lauren ran a hand through her light coloured hair and looked at both women. "Camila?"

The chef furrowed her eyes in confusion and looked on at her mother, who simply shrugged. "I thought she knew?"

"Knew what?"

Camila pinched the bridge of her nose and exhaled loudly. "Mom...Everything has been pretty confusing these past few days, and if its confusing for me, did you not stop and think how confusing it's going to be for her?"

"Well it concerns her, darling. I only assumed that you would have informed her," Anitta took a seat on the couch, making herself at home. All the while Camila still stood by the door and Lauren was outside.

"Can you guys stop talking about me as though I'm not even here?" Lauren interrupted the conversation. "And tell me what on earth is going on?"

Anitta smiled and patted the empty space next to her. "Come, Lauren. We have a lot to discuss."

Reluctantly, Lauren obliged and entered Camila's home. This was the first time she had even set foot in there and it wasn't under these circumstances that she wanted to see where Camila lives.

"Camila, honey, can you bring us your journal?" Anitta asked her daughter, well it seemed more as a demand, really. She handed her journal to her mother, who twirled it in her hands. "I'm sure you're familiar with this, no?"

Lauren stared at it and it was the exact replica to the one that she possessed, except this one had a moon charm on it. Her mind went back to when she saw something glowing in Camila's bag, and it was this very journal. She never thought back to it until today.

At first, she had just assumed that Camila coincidentally had the same journal like she did, but it was a lot deeper than that. She should have known by now, that coincidences didn't just happen to her anymore. Everything happened for a reason.

"Open it," Anitta handed it over to Lauren. She stared at Camila for a moment, silently asking if it were okay to invade her privacy. The woman nodded, causing Lauren to open the journal.

The moon charm began to glow brightly once she started flipping through the pages. She couldn't understand exactly what she was seeing.

"These...these are my journal entries...this is my handwriting..." Lauren locked eyes with Camila. "How did you...? How did you get this?"