Part Ten: Her

(A/N) Happy Birthday, Jazzikinssss!!🥂🎉 I won't tag you but you would expose yourself either way 😂😂

***

Her
(pronoun)
-Lauren Jauregui.

***

I followed the familiar melodious humming, that was coming from my living room. When I got there, it was her again.

The girl who plagued my dreams, and my conscious thoughts.

"Who...who are you?"

I couldn't see her face, but I could sense the amusement in her voice. She was the faceless girl, who I kept getting these visions, or were they dreams, of. It was driving me crazy, but in a sense, I liked it. I liked looking on at her.

But, I just wanted to know who she was.

Aphrodite wouldn't tell me because she wanted me to meet the girl in person, and get to know her, rather than what little visions I get of her.

"I'm just a figment of your imagination," she told me, and the way her voice sounded, I knew she was teasing me. Her voice was soft, and the reaction it had on my body, I knew I would've been done for if I had only seen her face. "I'm kidding," she laughed. "We haven't met yet, but I'm dying to."

"What's your name?" I asked hoping to figure something about her but so far, this was the first time I could've spoken to her. It wasn't exactly a vision like the previous ones. Maybe, more on the lines of the 'Ghost of my future'. "My name is..."

But she raised a hand to stop me. "Don't." I was confused as to why she would stop me. Didn't she just say that she was dying to meet me? If you're looking at technicalities, this wasn't us actually 'meeting', so I assumed that maybe she wanted us to meet in person, in reality and not ruin the future that could be us. "As much as I crave to hear your name, now isn't the right time. We'll meet soon, I assure you of that."

***

Have you ever been in love with someone who didn't love you back?

Have you ever been loved by someone who you didn't love back?

But I don't know which could be worse; to be broken, or to break another's soul.

I told myself that every good thing takes time, at least that's what people say, and I started to believe it.

But I don't know how much I believed.

I stepped forward into the light and tried to forget the darkness of my past experiences, but a bulge of said darkness walked with me still.

It's such a strange and emotionally draining journey, that I can't put into words to make you understand just what it's about.

You take each step, as though you're shackled to past burdens and experiences that you're just trying to let go of. There's nothing but that distant hum of your heartbeat that's telling you 'it's okay'.

Then you see, at the end of the tunnel, a light, a slight flicker. It's your way out.

Your saviour, in a sense.

You grip onto the hope that you've met along the way; friends, the lessons; the oh so painful lessons, the adventures, and last but not least, the love.