Part Thirteen: Dreams

Dream /driːm/
(Noun)
- A series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person's mind during sleep.

***

"So," Lauren grinned at me, causing me to playfully roll my eyes. I knew exactly what was going to leave her lips. "What I'm getting at is that you liked me before you even met me? That's sweet."

I laughed.

After telling Lauren the story through my eyes, she finally understood how it was on my side. Especially when it came to the messed up bunch that I call my family. Don't get me wrong, I loved them dearly, but that doesn't lessen the fact that they were in fact a messed up bunch.

"Don't get a swell head, my love," I teased her. "I liked the idea of you. You're still going to have to win my heart."

Maggie snorted, as she placed her cup of tea down. "You're acting as though you're not practically in love with her as yet."

"I'm not!" I said. "You and I both know I'm not that easy."

"So you're saying I'm easy?" Lauren retorted, a grin on her lips revealing to me that she was just messing around. "Why I never." She was fake offended.

I shook my head, a soft smile on my lips. "Anyways, did Astrid say where she was going?" I questioned my sister. "I want to talk to her."

Maggie shrugged. "No she didn't. But I'm sure she's around here somewhere. She's always lurking, keeping an eye on you. Do you want me to tell Raven?"

"Are you just looking for an excuse to talk to her?" I grinned at my older sister. "Because you secretly like her?" I knew that Raven and Maggie were going to be a perfect match. She had ended things recently and by recently, I mean a few hours ago, with her boyfriend, Don, which only meant that she was single and ready to mingle.

I'm not too sure about the ready to mingle part, but Maggie wasn't in love with him. I think she only got with him because she was lonely, and he was great company.

"Anyways, that's my cue to leave," Maggie stood abruptly. "I'll see you two lovebirds when I see you."  She lazily waved at us and went on her way.

Lauren and I watched as Maggie walked away in the direction of the elevators. Probably heading up to her room so that she could've rested before she had to head back to work.

"Who's Astrid, by the way?"

I kinked an eyebrow at Lauren, until realisation dawned on me. "Oh, it's just that these things come so naturally to me, I thought that it would be like that for you too." I shook my head, laughing softly. "Astrid is Aphrodite. In the modern world, they tend to change up their names ever so often. Just like my mom's name is Anitta and not Hedone."

"Do you have a Greek name?"

I shook my head 'no'. "I mean, kinda? Eliana is 'daughter of the sun' so in a sense I do." I stood and took Lauren's hand in mine, pulling her up as well, so that we could go in search of Aphrodite. "Do you want to come with me?"

"I..uh," Lauren paused before she spoke. "To meet Aphrodite? Why?"

"It's just...you remember the journal, right?" I asked, Lauren nodded. I had told Lauren that, I could've seen her journal entries, meanwhile for Lauren it was still the same. "I want to ask her what the purpose of that was. Why a journal, when I technically met you on my own, you know?"