Aftermath

I was texting Molly about the meeting later. I should've never said anything. Now I'm forced to see Colby. Was this really what it's like. I break up with someone so it's like I'm leaving a contract or something.
I texted holt saying that he should come later because I needed privacy when it came to talking to Colby. It took so long but I finally convinced him.
Colby was gonna be here first since we still haven't talked about what happened, so what a better time than now.
I heard a knock on my door and told who ever it was to come in. Just as I predicted, it was Colby himself. "Hello Mr.Brock."
He smiled to himself and sat down across from me at my kitchen table. We sat there silently, both not really knowing what to say. I was still hurt just looking at him, the night replaying in my head. I cringed at the thought and he noticed.
"So how have you been?" He asked. Well other than wanting to die, not bad.
"I've been good. Just trying to occupy myself." I shrugged.
"So that's it?" He asked. I shrugged.
"I just don't really know what to say." I said looking away.
"Well I do. I owe you the biggest apology ever." He started. I gave him a blank stare and he noticed. "I should've never kissed her, I should've never lied, I should've never been jealous, and I definitely shouldn't have been so selfish. I'm just so sorry."
I looked away and thought for a moment. "Why did you do it? Because I refuse to believe it was because you thought I liked someone else. Who does that?"
I felt a tear roll down my cheek but I quickly wiped it away. "What do you mea-"
"I mean why did you do this to me!" I said cutting him off. "Why did you cheat, why did you lie, why did you continue to hang out with her, why did you tell everyone and not me, why did you hurt me again-" I cut myself off, not being able to finish due to the fact that I was choking on my words. I felt a river flowing down my cheeks but I didn't care anymore.
"I was terrified. I didn't wanna loose you again but I did. I got drunk and let my insecurities get the best of me. And it hurt so bad thinking about you with someone else." He said with embarrassment and hurt laced in his voice. "I don't even remember what happened next. I just remembered seeing Brooklyn in the morning stare at the photo of us. The one on my night stand. I saw the photos of her and I kissing on my phone and I deleted them. But you still saw them on my recently deleted, when you got drunk."
"I thought it was a dream." I shrugged. He looked away and sighed. "I knew you cheated but I just couldn't believe it."
"Why?" He asked.
"I don't know. I guess I love you too much. That's probably why I'm sitting with you right now." I said. He looked at me and I frowned at him. "And no matter what you put me through I'd still never do what you did to me. So I guess you just don't love me as much as I thought."
I shrugged and a look of disappointment was spread across his face. "So you'll never forgive me?"
"Colby I already have." I said wiping all my tears. "I just don't trust you anymore. I love you and I always will, but I can't be with someone I don't trust. I can't do that to myself."
I heard someone walk in and it was non other than Molly along with Holt and another man.
  "Hi, Alice.  Colby."  Molly said.  We both waved as she gestured to the man. "Alice this is Watson, Colby's manager." I nodded and gave a fake smile to him. We were here to talk business, not make friends.
"Hello Alice. Now I'm guessing you know why I'm here." Watson said.
"The break up." I said. He nodded and pulled out a notebook and pen.
"Now, this should've been discussed before the video went out, discussing your break up." I raised a brow and he simply shrugged. "You guys became almost business partners. This should've been stretch out a while longer. More media, a better breakup video, which I will be getting to shortly-"
"My heartbreak is meant to be entertainment?" I asked, slightly annoyed.
"When this is your job, of course. I mean look at David and Liza. Waited it out, had everyone making theories, then boom an amazing break up video. Which by the way is the most viewed video by him." Watson said. "It's not what you want but it's what the viewers want."
"I didn't break up with him for views I did it because this is a real situation that is still hurting us." I said. Colby nodded and held my hand. I didn't swat is away, it was all too comforting. Instead I squeezed it.
"I'm looking out for the both of you. Now Colby here doesn't have a fair vantage. He hasn't told his side of the story. I'm thinking we make a break up video saying the following."
He handed me a paper of bullet points on what to say. It almost looked like a script. "So you want us to lie?" I asked.
"Bend the truth a little." He replied.
"That's not right" Colby said. "If Alice wants to put the truth out there I should be able to take accountability for what I did."
"Just read it first." He urged. I looked at the bullet points and one of the first ones I saw was Try not to get emotional. "So basically you guys are gonna make it quick. Saying that there was a misunderstanding, you two were toxic for each other, you guys are better off as friends, and that you guys just lost feelings for each other. Say that there's no conflict between the two of you and that you'll still continue to be close. If Alice would like she can say that Colby getting jealous was a huge problem that caused you two to break up."
I looked at Colby, then Molly. "I hate it." I said.
"Now now Alice. This is the kids situation, they are to handle it as they please." Molly defended. "Alice is right. This isn't some Tv show. This is real life."
Colby nodded in agreement. "We can handle this ourselves. Watson."