Moving day

I was at the trap house helping Colby and the boys move out.  Everyone had gotten separate apartment and Devyn and Corey were moving in together.  It was an emotional since the boys woke up.
  "Want me to bring this box downstairs?" I asked putting my hair in a ponytail.
"Nah but can you get a garbage bag. I need to throw out these sticky notes." He said with a sigh at the end.
I gave him a half smile and walked out of the room and headed downstairs.
"Hey Alice. Can you help me bring these boxes to the car?" Devyn said.
"Yeah sure." I walked over and grabbed two out of the four boxes. "So how does it feel to move in with Corey?  The two of you all alone.  Must be exciting."
"I mean I guess.  It doesn't feel like much is missing.  But I'm gonna miss waking up to the boys." She said with a shrug.  We placed the boxes in the car and she continued. "I mean when are you and Colby gonna move in?"
  "Definitely not now.  I mean we just got back together.  And he's probably not gonna wanna move into my house.  And I don't wanna move into an apartment I have a house." I reasoned.
  "Well why doesn't he move in with you.  I mean he practically does already.  He has a key and everything." She said.
  "For emergencies.  I like it the way it is anyways.  The constant sleepovers.  Plus we just got back together.  I'm not ready to make that kinda commitment with him right now.  She nodded and we headed back inside.  I grabbed a garbage bag and headed upstairs and into Colby room.  "Sorry I was talking to Devyn."
  "Oh, what about?" He asked.
  "Nothing.  I just asked her about Corey and her moving in.  She wasn't as excited as I thought she'd be." I shrugged.
  "Is that a bad thing?" He asked nervously.
  I shook my head. "I mean she said she already lived with him so not much of a change."
  He nodded and started talking sticky notes from the wall and putting them into the trash.  I started helping. 
  "When do you think we'll live together?" He asked quietly.  I stopped what I was doing for a moment and then continued shrugging.
  "I don't know.  I haven't really thought about it." I lied. "Have you?"
  "Not really.  I mean we practically already do.  It's the right amount of space.  I like things the way we are right now but I hope we can settle in sometime together." He said.
  "I just see myself moving in with someone I see myself marrying." I said.
  He stopped what he was doing and looked at me. "So what...do you see us getting married?"
  "Um...I don't know.  I guess so?"
  "You guess so?" He asked with a sad tone of voice.
  "I mean Colby we just got back together after our second break up.  I mean I love you but I'm not thinking of marriage right now." I said.
  "I mean I understand and I'm not planning our reception and everything but I'm not dating you for the break up." He said. "So can you blame me."
  At this point we had stopped cleaning and were just talking about us. "I'm not either."
  "So are you seriously telling me you don't see a forever for us?" He asked.
  I sighed and placed my hand on my hip. "Yeah.  I do see us getting married."
  "Do you really?" He said unsure.
  I walked over and held his hand. "I see us having two kids, Retired in Kansas, me waking up to you everyday.  I'd wake up to a fresh cup of coffee you made for me, the kids would run around the house with Sam's kids.  They'd ask us about our careers.  You'd tell them ghost stories and scare them to the point that we'd all cram in the same bed at night."
  He smiled and hugged me. "Colby I see a future but you can't blame me for being hesitant."
  "Yeah I know I'm sorry.  I love you." He said.  He gave me a kiss and we finished up cleaning the room.

  Colby and I had brought the last of the boxes to his car.  He had a box of clothes he didn't want and gave it to me since I like to sleep in his shirts and walk around in his sweaters.  I took a snap of everyone and the empty house.
"Let's head to the apartments." Sam said. "We'll see you later Corey."
We said our goodbyes and went into our cars. I looked over at Colby and could tell he was upset. I rubbed his back and he gave me a sad smile.
"Dang this is it. No more trap house." He said. "Can you believe it?"
"No. I'm kinda sad.  No more parties. Like that party we had when I hit 5.5 mil, the same day we confessed our love to each other." I said. He smiled and nodded at the memories.
"Yeah and you were throwing up in the toilet." He laughed. I giggled as well slightly hitting his shoulder. I looked around and saw everyone's car gone from the driveway. "Welp lets go."
Colby started the car and I frowned a little, caressing Colby's cheek for comfort. He ignored it and backed out of the driveway, then driving away from his old house.
___
A/n: Today's Colby turns 23!  Happy birthday Colby☺️